The Student Room Group

Full time job before uni -- included in household income?

Hi guys

If I work for a year between sixth form and university, does this need to be declared on my student finance form if I won't be continuing the job while studying?

I'm concerned that this would reduce my student grant and effect my eligibility for university bursaries.

Anyone know how this works? thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Hi!:smile:

If you finished sixth form only a year ago which means you're 18/19 it doesn't matter it's your parents income that matters I think , I'm not sure but I had 2 older siblings going through student finance and they both had full time jobs before uni and it was on my parents income not theirs c; hope this helps ^.^
Reply 2
Original post by TheMysteryMan
Hi guys

If I work for a year between sixth form and university, does this need to be declared on my student finance form if I won't be continuing the job while studying?

I'm concerned that this would reduce my student grant and effect my eligibility for university bursaries.

Hi,

I'm a graduate and I've been working full time for a couple of years but I'm now going back to university to do medicine. They are only interested in any unearned taxable income for you (e.g if you have money from a trust fund or if you let out a house or something) as they know you will have to give up your full time work to study.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by TheMysteryMan
Hi guys

If you're under 25, you're automatically assessed on your parents' income only. Nothing you earn before or during your uni course, will be taken into account.
Original post by Klix88
If you're under 25, you're automatically assessed on your parents' income only. Nothing you earn before or during your uni course, will be taken into account.

Great, thanks :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending