The Student Room Group

What is your DREAM car and why?

Scroll to see replies

Ferrari F12
Original post by DanielBaranowski
Nice choice!
What about the miura?

Jay Kay has one, wouldn't want the association.

I like the whole 80s-ness of the Countach, if I was going for a 60s supercar I'd have a GT40 or an E-Type.
RANGE ROVER SPORT SUV 2005 BCUS ITS BEAUTIFUL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ferris bueller ferrari!
Oh wow, I totally forgot about the LFA! its a really nice car and yea, took along time to make so like you said it has to be amazing to drive. I would choose a Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. AWD, 5.2 V10 0-62mph in 2.5 secs is pretty impressive

Lol I don't even think I thought about the insurance, probably going to end up paying more that the actual car! ill just make the decision when the time comes I guess
Lol! that bmw i8 looks pretty good to me.
But
Wow! 1.6 performance from a 1.0 engine??
Tbh the Nissan skyline gtr34 is a beauty to me (especially the late P. walkers in fast and furious) just looks amazing even tho its the Nissan gtr succesor

Sesto elemento is amazing too, i forgot about that one lol.
The ford eco boost engine is mind blowingly good, it has some real get up and go along with fuel economy.
When you learn to drive if you go with AA they usually have the ecoboost fiestas thats how i saw the performance.

The nissan gtr34 is a good car but yeah like you said its going to be alot on insurance. They are pretty fast but I know somone who has a suped up civic that left a nissan gtr34 for dead from one set of lights to another.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swagyolo420

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why the 2005 one? Dont you think the new one is better looking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waz96
Sesto elemento is amazing too, i forgot about that one lol.
The ford eco boost engine is mind blowingly good, it has some real get up and go along with fuel economy.
When you learn to drive if you go with AA they usually have the ecoboost fiestas thats how i saw the performance.

The nissan gtr34 is a good car but yeah like you said its going to be alot on insurance. They are pretty fast but I know somone who has a suped up civic that left a nissan gtr34 for dead from one set of lights to another.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol yep, the sesto element0 is a beauty. The ford eco boost your talking about, I might consider. Fuel economy is important when just starting out I guess. Don't want to be spending to much. Yea, mum was thinking of me learning to drive with AA, so hopefully ill see what the ford fiesta is like :P

Now im annoyed lol. I should've considered the insurance.
- Nissan skyline gtr34
- Toyota supra
- Subaru impreza wrx
- BMW 330ci 2001 or 350d 2004
- mitsibushi evo IX

......................wow

Lol. that must of been so embarrassing especially if the skyline gtr34 was pimped up aswell :biggrin:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Jay Kay has one, wouldn't want the association.

I like the whole 80s-ness of the Countach, if I was going for a 60s supercar I'd have a GT40 or an E-Type.

GT40 still looks stunning
And the iconic e type jag with its masssssiive bonnet is amazing, I would love to own one. They announced that they will be making more. All with the same specs aswell!

Posted from TSR Mobile

range rover sport SUV 2005
Looked good in 2005

range rover sport SUV 2015
Beautiful.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Susej Christ
Ferris bueller ferrari!

Are you talking about the Ferrari 250 GT California? because if you are. that is a stunning classic!

Someone found a GT California in a barn find recently and it sold for £12.1m!
Dream car? maybe someday...

Lol yep, the sesto element0 is a beauty. The ford eco boost your talking about, I might consider. Fuel economy is important when just starting out I guess. Don't want to be spending to much. Yea, mum was thinking of me learning to drive with AA, so hopefully ill see what the ford fiesta is like :P

- Nissan skyline gtr34
- Toyota supra
- Subaru impreza wrx
- mitsibushi evo IX

Lol. that must of been so embarrassing especially if the skyline gtr34 was pimped up aswell :biggrin:

Sorry to pop your bubble but you're very unlikely to be able to get insured on any of these as a new driver. At least not at sensible prices. Try a comparison site and put yourself down as if you've just passed your test etc and see what they say!

- Nissan skyline gtr34
- Toyota supra
- Subaru impreza wrx
- mitsibushi evo IX

Not sure if the gtr34 was pimped up or not, but the civic can really shift.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waz96
Why the 2005 one? Dont you think the new one is better looking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nono i really dont like the new one, nor the evoque really..

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I had to have a car, it would be this:

Unfortunately it has too many wheels. I would rather this:

Nono i really dont like the new one, nor the evoque really..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i agree with you on the evoque, its just a ugly car which has no point. all it says about the owner is that they couldnt afford the full range rover

Posted from TSR Mobile

The tesla is a good one, probably the only electric car at the moment anyone who likes cars would have.

I like that golf mk7 too, its just a good all round car and looks fairly sporty too with the right optional extras.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by Waz96
The tesla is a good one, probably the only electric car at the moment anyone who likes cars would have.

I like that golf mk7 too, its just a good all round car and looks fairly sporty too with the right optional extras.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely! Though apparently they've had reliability issues :frown:

Defs!

I know a couple of my friends who are diehard VW PAssat lovers. I think that's a GREAT car, Im just more "sold" on the golf. The advert difference is just..

Compared to:

There's a "fan made" clip as well, I THINK her:

And then they pack in really useful stuff like this:

(Have a look on the side as well, to see some of the AMAZING technologies that the new bluemotion range of cars have!)

Im not so fussed about it being "sporty" tbh. I want reliability, performance, efficiency etc... It's also great on fuel. On paper it's 88.3Mpg

I think the VW Polo does around 91-92Mpg(?) on paper, but that's not as powerful as the Golf

There's also this:

I think that's more marketed to the Dutch market - they pay more for fuel(?) than us I think, even if we pay some of the highest rates in Europe :frown:

January 2018, I WILL have my Golf (provided Im in a job ofc!)
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest