The Student Room Group

What is your DREAM car and why?

Scroll to see replies

Oh yeah, dream cars! I really do love the ones from the Sixties.

1967 Austin-Healey 3000 MK III

1961 Porsche 356b t-5 1600 Super Notchback Coupe

Seems like I have a weakness for red vintage (expensive) cars.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Waz96
Yeah i agree with you on the evoque, its just a ugly car which has no point. all it says about the owner is that they couldnt afford the full range rover

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes yes, i think the evoque and the new sport are just generally ugly, i mean the fact that victoria beckham was part of the design team for the evoque just says it all really doesnt it.. They just look too modernized and im not saying thats a problem, just not for me. I dont like the shapes of them either, the evoque looks squished and doesnt look right while the new sport is a nice shape but lacks the overally appeal of the 2005 SUV. The 2005 just looks and probably feels like ur king of the road, its a beautiful machine:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vital-phenomena
Oh yeah, dream cars! I really do love the ones from the Sixties.

1967 Austin-Healey 3000 MK III

1961 Porsche 356b t-5 1600 Super Notchback Coupe

Seems like I have a weakness for red vintage (expensive) cars.

Omg I love those sixties cars!
e type jag is my favourite!!
Anyone hear about the rare Pagani zonda F (25 coupe and 25 convertible versions were made)

You can check it out here: http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/rare-pagani-supercar-crashed-in-london/ar-AA9jmZx?ocid=iehp

Damn, hate it when good cars are crashed :frown:

looool,

btw what car do you drive?
Original post by The_Internet
Definitely! Though apparently they've had reliability issues :frown:

Defs!

I know a couple of my friends who are diehard VW PAssat lovers. I think that's a GREAT car, Im just more "sold" on the golf. The advert difference is just..

Compared to:

There's a "fan made" clip as well, I THINK her:

And then they pack in really useful stuff like this:

(Have a look on the side as well, to see some of the AMAZING technologies that the new bluemotion range of cars have!)

Im not so fussed about it being "sporty" tbh. I want reliability, performance, efficiency etc... It's also great on fuel. On paper it's 88.3Mpg

I think the VW Polo does around 91-92Mpg(?) on paper, but that's not as powerful as the Golf

There's also this:

I think that's more marketed to the Dutch market - they pay more for fuel(?) than us I think, even if we pay some of the highest rates in Europe :frown:

January 2018, I WILL have my Golf (provided Im in a job ofc!)

Yeah ive been in the new one and some older models too and its just this feeling of great vuild quality that feels nice. Even the new passat looks really nice.
I love the golf advert where they compare the sound of a golfs engine and door clossing to other cars. I saw a white mk7 gti earlier it looked stunning so shiny and had amazing alloys.

Original post by swagyolo420
Yes yes, i think the evoque and the new sport are just generally ugly, i mean the fact that victoria beckham was part of the design team for the evoque just says it all really doesnt it.. They just look too modernized and im not saying thats a problem, just not for me. I dont like the shapes of them either, the evoque looks squished and doesnt look right while the new sport is a nice shape but lacks the overally appeal of the 2005 SUV. The 2005 just looks and probably feels like ur king of the road, its a beautiful machine:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Totally agree with you, I heard some models even come with victoria beckhams signature stitched in? Thats just vile in my opinion. The new sport is a little constrained too but i havnt been in one so cant really saw, however i have been in a 06 sport and that does really make you feel superior than everyone else on the road.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DanielBaranowski
looool,

btw what car do you drive?

I was in my dads, he has an M4, ive got my trusty lil clio:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waz96
Yeah ive been in the new one and some older models too and its just this feeling of great vuild quality that feels nice. Even the new passat looks really nice.
I love the golf advert where they compare the sound of a golfs engine and door clossing to other cars. I saw a white mk7 gti earlier it looked stunning so shiny and had amazing alloys.

Totally agree with you, I heard some models even come with victoria beckhams signature stitched in? Thats just vile in my opinion. The new sport is a little constrained too but i havnt been in one so cant really saw, however i have been in a 06 sport and that does really make you feel superior than everyone else on the road.

Posted from TSR Mobile

DUDE I REALLY WANNA DRIVE ONE, they look so freakin cool and sinister hahaha. God yeah bloody victoria beckham tho, no wonder they are dominated by rich kid's wives

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waz96

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean this?

[video="youtube;YrxUCISZjXI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrxUCISZjXI[/video]

And yah, it has that German efficiency feeling to it tbh... And the new ones, have a "stiff" door on purpose, so that you minimise your chances of accidentally hitting the car next to you!

I plan o getting one probably around January 2018..
VW Scircco! :wink:

cus its a sexy looking car :sexface:

In lime green :sexface:
You mean this?

[video="youtube;YrxUCISZjXI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrxUCISZjXI[/video]

And yah, it has that German efficiency feeling to it tbh... And the new ones, have a "stiff" door on purpose, so that you minimise your chances of accidentally hitting the car next to you!

I plan o getting one probably around January 2018..

Yep thats the one, its just a really nice down to earth affordable car.

Original post by cupcakes87

Lime green and also i saw one in matte black which looked really sleek too. The new facelfit model looks sharper also.

I was in my dads, he has an M4, ive got my trusty lil clio:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

M4 is just another example of fine german engineering, saw a white one recently. It looked fast.

High 5! I have a clio as well, what reg is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waz96
Yep thats the one, its just a really nice down to earth affordable car.

Lime green and also i saw one in matte black which looked really sleek too. The new facelfit model looks sharper also.

M4 is just another example of fine german engineering, saw a white one recently. It looked fast.

High 5! I have a clio as well, what reg is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

02 :wink: nothing special, i love it tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

That looks REALLY girly :tongue:

I defs want my golf. The specific golf I linked above!
Reply 94
Well, I'd have to say 1 1965 Ford Mustang...because...well, just look at it!

VW campervan so me and my friends can throw everything in during the summer and just go wherever we want

Posted from TSR Mobile
02 :wink: nothing special, i love it tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines a 53plate expression model, i dont like the colour but its in really good nick with only 48000 miles covered when i got it.
How was your insurance? Mine was £1250 on my own policy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That looks REALLY girly :tongue:

I defs want my golf. The specific golf I linked above!

Well what did you except?? :lol:

Also, im so glad you changed your avatar when i gave them to you or it would have been that golf! :lol:

VW's!!! :five:
Well what did you except?? :lol:

Also, im so glad you changed your avatar when i gave them to you or it would have been that golf! :lol:

VW's!!! :five:

This is true!

And lol I did! This one is more..fun!

And yah VW's are good!!! :five:

German whip and stuff
A custom built, one of a kind Pagani.

They are engineering marvels and are works of art. A perfect combination of science and art.

And a custom built one will always be better than the standard, it will be your own thing and will always be special.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest