The Student Room Group

Extra research for medicine

I would like to broaden my knowledge of current affairs particularly regarding medicine because of my interests but also because of upcoming interviews etc. Are there any websites or newspapers anyone would recommend? I like to read the Week and I am trying to work out the best way to use the Student BMJ website:confused:
The New Scientist Journal
Original post by chazlotte132
I would like to broaden my knowledge of current affairs particularly regarding medicine because of my interests but also because of upcoming interviews etc. Are there any websites or newspapers anyone would recommend? I like to read the Week and I am trying to work out the best way to use the Student BMJ website:confused:

I just got onto the BMJ student site, as a non medical uni student.
Looks really good. Theres also doc2doc forums as well, included in the BMJ registration.
Original post by hellodave5
I just got onto the BMJ student site, as a non medical uni student.
Looks really good. Theres also doc2doc forums as well, included in the BMJ registration.

Thank you, do you have any advice on navigating the website to find more relevant and recent articles?
BBC Health is pretty good
Just found this great ethics website- www.ministryofethics.co.uk which has info on all the medical ethical issues you could want... including DNR forms..
Original post by lilixxx1000
BBC Health is pretty good

Thank you
Original post by DeadEnd_96
The New Scientist Journal

Thank you
Personally I'd stick with stuff that is easy to read and not too advanced - so personally I don't read the BMJ. BBC health is excellent and easy to keep track of. New Scientist is great for our age group. Newspaper-wise, I'd say the Daily Telegraph is great for stories that aren't always covered and always has a NHS headline. I read it the week before interviews. Hope this helps a bit!
Original post by olivervick
Personally I'd stick with stuff that is easy to read and not too advanced - so personally I don't read the BMJ. BBC health is excellent and easy to keep track of. New Scientist is great for our age group. Newspaper-wise, I'd say the Daily Telegraph is great for stories that aren't always covered and always has a NHS headline. I read it the week before interviews. Hope this helps a bit!

Yeah i often find articles way too advanced for my current understanding that helps a lot thank you :smile:
Original post by chazlotte132
Yeah i often find articles way too advanced for my current understanding that helps a lot thank you :smile:

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending