The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would imagine the ones giving the lectures at full uni level are the top ones, after all ... they are lecturing to the entire year and so will be "the best" any of the colleges has to offer, it stands to reason.
Reply 41
Lewisy-boy
By riotous you mean high correct? Well to be fair, he has written the leading undergraduate text on the subject, it is by no means the leading text (see Chitty, Treitel etc for the practitioners/higher level texts). I beleive the Chitty book retails for something like 300 big ones. But the sheer quantity of his books which sell to all undergraduates means that he deserves to at least get some money!

Why yes of course! On reflection I have decided that the richest academic must be Halsbury, he has written a seemingly never-ending series of books!! :eek:
Lewisy-boy
I would imagine the ones giving the lectures at full uni level are the top ones, after all ... they are lecturing to the entire year and so will be "the best" any of the colleges has to offer, it stands to reason.

Yes that is certain. I would not like being confined to a college unless I was a new lecturer working my way up the ranks.
I'd much rather be the legend with the faculty wide position too.
Me too otherwise I'd just spit my dummy and leave
After a meeting today with an undisclosed but well known academic, I now have it on good authority that academics earn very little commission off books and generally do not earn a vast amount of royalities even from best sellers. This includes titles such as Treital.

Kind Regards,
Laura.
I would like to think people like Roger Brownsord are earning a good wage, people like that deserve it.
That's just what they want you to think Laura.

I'm positive that any academic who publishes a popular book (not a textbook) makes as much many as any regular author of a popular book!
:smile: ha, ha, ha yer those academics are quite crafty really. I bet he had a secret stash in his office with all the royalities in it
Hehe I read something about US professors, who by the time they reach full status make $100,000+. The most popular cars among them are Volvos or Volkswagens. The higher end ones are nice and not cheap but the profs don't want to seem like they have a lot of money in front of their students, even though they can realistically afford a Mercedes :p:
Cool, to be fair the wealth of American professors in comparison to English ones was mentioned. May-be that stash is not so big afterall.
They don't earn much out of books. However, like me one of our lectuers is a gym franatic. He spends 3 hours there a day inbetween lessons. U could not do that as a solicitor. A lot of academics are very soft faced and I find that very sexy.
I've lost count of all the young lecturers I have fancied. It is something to do. Infact, I reckon one might have liked me back but could not act on it, so I used to go and see him lots to ask him something. Or pretend I really needed his advice and give a reason why only he was quailified to help me. I used to peer at him through the books in the library and he used to peer back. I am a naughty girl
Good lord...
He started it :smile:
purrrrr...:wink:
Reply 56
LauraWalker
I've lost count of all the young lecturers I have fancied. It is something to do. Infact, I reckon one might have liked me back but could not act on it, so I used to go and see him lots to ask him something. Or pretend I really needed his advice and give a reason why only he was quailified to help me. I used to peer at him through the books in the library and he used to peer back. I am a naughty girl

:toofunny:

Oh no, OMG!:mad: You dare do that again, lest I shall file for a divorce. Irreconcilable differences, certainly. Yours affectionately, 'official TSR hubby'.:wink:
;pkiss; Please forgive me, it happened before I met you:star:
Reply 58
LauraWalker
;pkiss; Please forgive me, it happened before I met you:star:

*coughs* LIES *coughs*
Nice emoticon...

good subtlety there Eth, doesn't quite work in text :wink:.

Latest

Trending

Trending