The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades...

I've seen so much predicted grade inflation in people's UCAS applications it's unreal. People who got BDUU in my year have been predicted AAB, others who've had C's and D's have been predicted AAA... Now fair enough I will admit people do underperform at AS and pick it up at A2 ( I have unbelievable respect for those people for the amount of work they put in ) but I find it hard to believe the everyone has the potential to achieve their predicted grades. Some of it isn't even down to the students, it's teachers just asking 'What does you first choice uni want? AAA? okay we'll put those as your predicted grades then' annoys the hell out of me :/ anyone else seeing this happening occasionally?

Posted from TSR Mobile
my school was stubborn as f. i got abd and was only predicted abc lol. i begged maths (my b) to give me an A prediction but they were so incredibly stubborn about it. t***s
Original post by harryarmpits
my school was stubborn as f. i got abd and was only predicted abc lol. i begged maths (my b) to give me an A prediction but they were so incredibly stubborn about it. t***s

That's funny actually one of my friends got a B in maths last year as well and despite asking for an A the teacher predicted him a B and didn't budge haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WilJones138
That's funny actually one of my friends got a B in maths last year as well and despite asking for an A the teacher predicted him a B and didn't budge haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

the worst part about it all was i only got a B because i had a dodgy core 2 exam which brought my grade down. i literally had to take 2 turds during the exam because i had bad diarrhea that day (missed about 20 minutes min) and i also wasnt in the zone as a result. they didn't take that into consideration or anything
BDUU at AS and predicted AAB at A2!! You know if they don't achieve that then that will disadvantage your college in future uni applications.
Original post by harryarmpits
the worst part about it all was i only got a B because i had a dodgy core 2 exam which brought my grade down. i literally had to take 2 turds during the exam because i had bad diarrhea that day (missed about 20 minutes min) and i also wasnt in the zone as a result. they didn't take that into consideration or anything

No way :O that has to be bull**** hahaha really? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
sucks to be at a school like this.
They don't. It's because unis won't even look at your application if you don't why people have to lie about their predicted grades. In my college it's rare you get to pick your own predicted grades, every school is different. We get given the grades we got last year for the most part.
Reply 8
My school is flexible with prediction grades, they judge every individuals differently and gives the 'most achievable/realistic' grades to people, even if it's a 'C' at AS to an 'A' at A2. They ask your teachers on how 'hard' you've worked last year and see how 'determined' you are this year :smile: To be fair, exam pressure does affect a lot of people; thus the grades they achieve during exams isn't what they actually deserve. In addition, it's basically your fault if you choose a high prediction grade and you don't achieve it anyway, which also risks your place at your chosen university :s-smilie:
Original post by Raymat
BDUU at AS and predicted AAB at A2!! You know if they don't achieve that then that will disadvantage your college in future uni applications.

Would it? I didn't think there was any risk for schools to predict outrageous things like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WilJones138
Would it? I didn't think there was any risk for schools to predict outrageous things like this

Posted from TSR Mobile

It will as they will be seen as unreliable for grade predictions from what I have heard. There is a reason why some colleges are really stingy when predicting students grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending