The Student Room Group

I don't understand anything in my course

I've just started the second semester of my first year in Physics with Astrophysics. After about the first 2 or 3 weeks of my first semester I could no longer follow the lectures or do the assignments. I have no idea what's going on 90% of the time and can't understand anything I read. I am still waiting for my results from the first semester exams but I'm pretty sure I've either failed or just scraped a pass. I have no idea what to do, I don't know of another course I want to do or what I can do if I drop out.
Have you spoken to your tutors?
Reply 2
Everyone gets a "spare" year of Student Finance in case they start out on the wrong course. As long as you do one year or less of your current degree, you would still have enough entitlement left to start a new one from scratch at any future point in your life up to the age of 60.

Think about whether you want to be at uni at the moment, or whether you need to take a break from learning for a while. There's no rush to go to uni. If it doesn't suit you now, it may do later. I left a degree after two years when I was 20. I went back aged 44.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending