The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology 12 May 2015 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by LoveToArgue
Mine really cared and was so passionate about the subject. All my teachers came in during Easter and half term to do revision sessions, but my biology teacher did those sessions as well as extra lunchtime ones. Plus, she's my nextdoor neighbour and told I me could always pop round for help if I get stuck. It's a shame you don't have a good teacher

Lucky u ;( ik changed my teaxher

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi please can you PM me with the Jan paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asad_2015
Do you know any idea to get June 2014 papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

It will be out by March :smile:
Original post by flibber
What about January 2015?

Ah...I don't know about that. My school doesn't do 2015 exams, but considering the timeline, maybe just before May or after (absolute guess, pls don't kill me :confused: :redface:)
Reply 44
Ik this is off topic but has anybody done gcse English language wjec

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you give me any tips for the June 2014 B3 paper? I did the B2 today and it went okay, everyone in my year found it hard so at least i wasn't the only one! If you remember any questions and answers that would be so helpful;! Or if you know where I could find the papers?
Hey everyone :smile:

I'm currently in year 12 taking AS biology. I sat AQA GCSE biology last year and got full UMS and an A*, so if you have any questions then ask away.

Plus, if you're going to have the June 2014 exam papers as your mocks, then look out for a weird question on shrimps in Unit 2!
:smile:
Original post by igcse101
Can you give me any tips for the June 2014 B3 paper? I did the B2 today and it went okay, everyone in my year found it hard so at least i wasn't the only one! If you remember any questions and answers that would be so helpful;! Or if you know where I could find the papers?

Don't worry about finding unit 2 hard, I found it really really difficult but it must have turned out alright seeing as I got 100 UMS. I seem to remember there being a 6 mark question on deforestation and its effects on the environment, but I may be confusing that with my mock. Plus, I don't think there was anything on there to do with biogas at all, which annoyed me because that's what I revised heavily. I don't think the papers are out yet, but who knows what a lengthy Google search could find.

Good luck!
Okay, thank you! I'll have a look over deforestation and its effects as I don't think I have done that yet in a paper so it probably was in last summer's exam! Thanks!
Don't worry about finding unit 2 hard, I found it really really difficult but it must have turned out alright seeing as I got 100 UMS. I seem to remember there being a 6 mark question on deforestation and its effects on the environment, but I may be confusing that with my mock. Plus, I don't think there was anything on there to do with biogas at all, which annoyed me because that's what I revised heavily. I don't think the papers are out yet, but who knows what a lengthy Google search could find.

Good luck!
Anyone able to compare sheep and cows for biogas production? As a 6 marker?
Reply 49
When are you all going to start revising? This is my first GCSE exam so Im kind of nervous :frown:
Original post by reaxx
When are you all going to start revising? This is my first GCSE exam so Im kind of nervous :frown:

I've already done my IGCSE english language and got my result and I've done my maths and i find out on thursday my grade! So nervous! But I didn't realy revise for either of them, I just did loads of past papers. I've revised for my mocks so already started I guess? I have my final day of mocks tomorrow! Then from now on in class I think we'll mainly just be doing revision tbh.. Hbu?
Reply 51
Does anyone know which topics come up frequently in B2?
Mocks start from tomorrow and I'm really nervous! :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by a.zed
Does anyone know which topics come up frequently in B2?
Mocks start from tomorrow and I'm really nervous! :smile:

Plant organs. Digestive system. Genetic diagrams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Plant organs. Digestive system. Genetic diagrams

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by a.zed
Thank you very much :smile:

BTW r u good at English lang

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
BTW r u good at English lang

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess you could say I'm good, I'm on the wjec exam board, what about you?
Reply 56
Original post by a.zed
I guess you could say I'm good, I'm on the wjec exam board, what about you?

Same. Have u done your description

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Same. Have u done your description

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I got 18/20 on it, a little rubbish but meh!
What about you?
Reply 58
Original post by a.zed
Yeah, I got 18/20 on it, a little rubbish but meh!
What about you?

Nice. You think u did **** I got 16. Gonna resist if I can. BTW what's your overall CA folder mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Nice. You think u did **** I got 16. Gonna resist if I can. BTW what's your overall CA folder mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not tremendously bad, I've heard worse!
I tried to retake mine but unfortunately I cant!

So far, I have 37/40 on Of mice and men
18/20 on descriptive writing
18/20 on spoken language analysis
And the narrative I don't have the results yet!

What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending