The Student Room Group

Thousands of muslims march against free speech & for Charlie Hebdo killers in London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Native To Europe
Trigonometry has its origins in ancient Greece.

Islam has contributed very, very little to the world compared to European civilisations.I think we would have done just fine without Islam :smile:

Say that to any history professor and you will be a laughing stock, so please do it just for me :biggrin:. You clearly posses no intellect or any intelligence, and you clearly don't have any understanding of history. If anything you probably don't even what trig is or what it even entails.
Original post by captainslow69
Say that to any history professor and you will be a laughing stock, so please do it just for me :biggrin:. You clearly posses no intellect or any intelligence, and you clearly don't have any understanding of history. If anything you probably don't even what trig is or what it even entails.

Trigonometry comes from Ancient Greece not from the middle East.

and my statement that Islam has contributed very little to knowledge compared to European civilisations is fact.

Did you know that in one year spain publishes more books than the entire Muslim world put together. Islam is anti intellectual
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by Kolasinac138
That's because the Telegraph is a right-wing newspaper which thrives off creating fear through exaggerations and lies.

yahoo as well ? hahah

and my statement that Islam has contributed very little to knowledge compared to European civilisations is fact.

Did you know that in one year spain publishes more books than the entire Muslim world put together. Islam is anti intellectual

Very early trigonometry, not the entire span of the topic

BTW, source me your last statement, please?
I think Muslims shouldn't be blamed, they didn't hurt feelings of any other community and they didn't make fun of Jesus.right ? I just can't understand why the world is blind and only see the one side of it , calling it the freedom of speech ? It's a dumb fond Idea! Stop bashing like media puppets !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kolasinac138
Very early trigonometry, not the entire span of the topic

BTW, source me your last statement, please?

This article shows that Islams contribution to knowledge is a pittance

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v444/n7115/full/444035a.html

And another one

http://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/why-the-arabic-world-turned-away-from-science
(edited 9 years ago)
Well if it wasn't for the Islamic scientists in the Middle Ages, there wouldn't be any trigonometry, algebra and algorithms (so no computer or laptop for you to spread your narrow minded ideas), but also most modern day engineering principles wouldn't exist. And there would also be massive hindrances in astronomy and medicine.

All I can say is thank God Islam never existed or we would never be able to advance ...

The presence of islam had nothing to do with the development of those things. Notice muslims aren't up to much which is benefiting mankind these days are they.
Well if it wasn't for the Islamic scientists in the Middle Ages, there wouldn't be any trigonometry, algebra and algorithms (so no computer or laptop for you to spread your narrow minded ideas), but also most modern day engineering principles wouldn't exist. And there would also be massive hindrances in astronomy and medicine.

All I can say is thank God Islam never existed or we would never be able to advance ...

trigonometry originated in Greece, and the fact that algebra originated is the muslim world is irrelevant: were there no Islam then the same people but (insert religion here) would've discovered these things instead. Algebra was not discovered because they were Muslim. I'm pretty sure their religion played no role in the development of it. Regardless, the muslim world has contributed very little to modern society anyway, and the things that it has contributed have been, by and large, negative anyway.
Original post by Skip_Snip
The presence of islam had nothing to do with the development of those things. Notice muslims aren't up to much which is benefiting mankind these days are they.

beat me to it :wink:
Original post by TheTechN1304
trigonometry originated in Greece, and the fact that algebra originated is the muslim world is irrelevant: were there no Islam then the same people but (insert religion here) would've discovered these things instead. Algebra was not discovered because they were Muslim. I'm pretty sure their religion played no role in the development of it. Regardless, the muslim world has contributed very little to modern society anyway, and the things that it has contributed have been, by and large, negative anyway.

I now see why he is called captainslow with the emphasis on slow
Reply 71
Original post by Ace123
Thousands of muslim marched in London today against free speech & against Charlie Hebdo. Signs included phrases such as there is no such things as free speech, charlie and the abuse factory (ironic muslims using the term abuse after Rotherham) & be careful if you insult Mohammed

Is this yet another sign that Islam is not compatible with the UK, what action can be taken when it seems this view is very popular with muslims? is it time for politicians to just admit Islam does not belong in the UK?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11398967/Huge-crowd-of-Muslim-protesters-picket-Downing-Street-to-protest-at-Charlie-Hebdo-cartoons.html
http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2015-02-08/pictures-derby-muslims-join-protestors-outside-downing-street/
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/muslims-protest-against-cartoons-170715388.html#dctO9hf

But they're not marching against the killings, they're marching against what charlie hebdou published? Are they not allowed to feel offended because charlie hebdou has been attacked?
You're a very sick person for trying to twist it that way.
Original post by TheTechN1304
beat me to it :wink:

You put it better and with more detail though :tongue:
I'm not the biggest fan of Islam but they are exercising their right to use free speech, but then again I dont see any mass demonstrations for the thousands of muslims being murdered by ISIL and outrage at the Jordanian pilot being burned alive, they will protest over a cartoon won't protest over mass murder shows where their priorities lie.
Did they actually issue any direct statements of support for the killers?
No one bothered by the fact that the muslims on this demonstration segregated their women and made them stand apart?
Original post by vickidc18
I'm not the biggest fan of Islam but they are exercising their right to use free speech, but then again I dont see any mass demonstrations for the thousands of muslims being murdered by ISIL and outrage at the Jordanian pilot being burned alive, they will protest over a cartoon won't protest over mass murder shows where their priorities lie.

so true...
Original post by Lulu24
But they're not marching against the killings, they're marching against what charlie hebdou published? Are they not allowed to feel offended because charlie hebdou has been attacked?
You're a very sick person for trying to twist it that way.

But why protest Charlie Hebdo now? Charlie Hebdo has published Muhammad cartoons for years. This is probably why people question the protestors' intentions as they have decided to protest after the massacre.

The Italian renaissance happen due to books stolen from arab libraries, without the Italian renaissance the Christian world would be dying of the usual black death and headaches

:colone::colondollar::colondollar:
Original post by golden tribe
The Italian renaissance happen due to books stolen from arab libraries, without the Italian renaissance the Christian world would be dying of the usual black death and headaches

:colone::colondollar::colondollar:

What a load of absolute tosh! Would you care to make up another blatantly preposterous and ridiculous lie?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending