The Student Room Group

Most Underrated Dog Breed

Scroll to see replies

Large or Small Munsterlanders
One the best breeds I have ever come across in my opinion
Calling in for the Tibetan Mastiff!

After watching a subbed version of The Tibetan Dog, I learned a bit about the history of this dog and its sheer strength and capability! Wow, just look at the size of it! By the way, I would absolutely recommend this movie because it's very cute (especially if you love dogs) but please be warned that you'll be needing tissues handy!

Random pics of the real beast itself:

They really are huge in bulk and size! They can look cute in some pics, but other pics tell that they're certainly not to be messed with. They seem like an incredibly prized, expensive and high maintenance breed but I wanted to post them here to see what others say because I've never really heard of them before!

Have you heard of/seen this breed before?
Do you think it's overrated/underrated?
Reply 22
Original post by SiminaM
Samoyed and Malamutes

EDIT: pictures needed

Samoyed

Spoiler

Malamute

Spoiler

that malamute is amazing :love: I want one!!!
Reply 23
Original post by shadowshy
Calling in for the Tibetan Mastiff!

After watching a subbed version of The Tibetan Dog, I learned a bit about the history of this dog and its sheer strength and capability! Wow, just look at the size of it! By the way, I would absolutely recommend this movie because it's very cute (especially if you love dogs) but please be warned that you'll be needing tissues handy!

Random pics of the real beast itself:

They really are huge in bulk and size! They can look cute in some pics, but other pics tell that they're certainly not to be messed with. They seem like an incredibly prized, expensive and high maintenance breed but I wanted to post them here to see what others say because I've never really heard of them before!

Have you heard of/seen this breed before?
Do you think it's overrated/underrated?

bloody hell that looks so angry hahaha

like a rottweiler with a lion mane
AHHH so many adorable dogs in this thread. My weakness :colondollar:

English Mastiffs and Bullmastiffs. Some of the greatest dogs ever. I love my English Bulldog as well but my other two are just very underrated. Absolute beasts but so loyal and cuddly.

I have an English Mastiff, English Bulldog and a Bullmastiff/Great Dane.

(edited 9 years ago)
This is an old post but the German short-haired pointer are definitely underrated! I have never known a dog with a better temperament:yep:
Original post by Wilfred Little
Greyhounds maybe. Skinny as ****, so docile and lazy. I'm not a massive dog person, but if I owned one I'd get one of these from a shelter that had formerly been a racing dog and has now been dumped.

Life dream
Cewt!
Dobermanns!!! Lots of people expect them to be really vicious, but the one we had as a pet was the cutest and silliest dog ever :]
Salukis, they are honestly perfection. They can run pretty much at the speed of a greyhound but have the stamina to keep going for long distance. It amazes me :h:
Their fur is fab too.

Quick Reply

Latest