The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Are there SC flats near KB?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
If you were making up the added cost for them I'm sure they'd jump at the chance...
Reply 3
David Horn, Kitchener & West Mains Road? Not sure if they are 'flats' actually. Just wondering if you can swop. I know someone who went from self c to pollock.
Nobody here can really be definitive: your best bet is to get in touch with accommodation services and find out what they have left, if anything. I warn you, though, I've had some dealings with them already and they are nothing short of stupid. Probably Napier graduates.
They are actually idiots. Seriously.

I've had to send them THREE direct debit mandates for my accom fees and they've still managed to mess it up. So I need to send another. So. ****ing. Stupid.

----

Heheh at another Napier jab, Michael..
Yeah, I know. I'm bored and they are just SUCH an easy target. Just wait until I start on Queen Margaret :wink:
Reply 7
Oh I found this btw:

http://www.accom.ed.ac.uk/availability/Transfer_doc_Nov_2006.pdf

which kind of answers my questions.

So I'll be talking to parents and putting thought into it!
Reply 8
just curious...why do you want to transfer?
Especially out of Chancellor's...
Reply 10
And you have to move out of catered after 1st yr anyway... so why chg now?
Reply 11
Oh I have many reasons lol.
1. Food. I'm getting tired of eating the same things over and over again, and I really miss the things I have at home (egg noodles, sweet potato!!...). I'm not eating healthily at all here.
2. Distance from lecturers. I'd like to be closer to KB. Not a major factor though.
3. Cost. Soooo expensive being catered ensuite. I can't afford it.
4. Christmas holidays. I can't go and see my parents at xmas, so Im staying with relatives in Scotland. Which means I either spend the entire time there (rude), or I come back here and won't be able to cook for myself.
5. Easter. Self catered includes easter. In Chancellors I'd have to pay, again, on top of what I'm already paying.

And it's a very long time until May, to have to put up with all of this.
Lol I'm sure my luxury room will get snapped up by some rah.
Well, I never met you, but on behalf of Chancellor's Court, you will be sorely missed.
A girl in the flat bellow me moved out of ours and into Pollock last week, so it is possible. I don't think she switched with anyone, she just took a spare room in one of the halls which was vacant due to someone else leaving, etc. Her main reason for leaving here was that pretty much all of her friends are in Pollock and she was feeling isolated up here.

Contact the accommodation people and see what they have to say.
Reply 14
Yeh I thought you had to do a swop, but turns out you just need an empty room. I know someone in Kitchener and he says there are empty rooms available!!!!
Lol Michael, nice to hear. You enjoying Chancellors?
Yep, love it here- the food is dire though.
Reply 16
ugh exactly. I had beans and potatoes yesterday, the meat was too pink to eat.
Reply 17
im living in David Horn, its great, so I doubt anyone would like to switch...try Kitchener though, but it sucks there --> v.boring apparently
Reply 18
So you'd say David Horn is better than Kitchener? Hmm.... have to choose which to ask for. Whats the difference?
Reply 19
Bananarama
So you'd say David Horn is better than Kitchener? Hmm.... have to choose which to ask for. Whats the difference?

...people make all the difference...

Latest

Trending

Trending