Which department did you apply to?
Reply 61
Original post by metellaest
Which department did you apply to?

Department of finance, wby?
Original post by mars198
Department of finance, wby?

Same! The first week.

How many people get a place per department per week do you think? About two or three?
Reply 63
Same! The first week.

How many people get a place per department per week do you think? About two or three?

I applied for the second week, and idk they said they offer about 20 positions overall, and there's only 5 departments so splitting it over the 2 weeks yeah I'm guessing about 2 per department??
Original post by mars198
I applied for the second week, and idk they said they offer about 20 positions overall, and there's only 5 departments so splitting it over the 2 weeks yeah I'm guessing about 2 per department??

It's so few people! Good luck :smile:
Reply 65

Just got an email saying I didn't get it hahaha, oh well, good luck!
Original post by mars198

Me either. Oh well, I don't think I was expecting to get a place anyway since there are so few places. Good luck to everyone else.
Reply 67
Original post by popcornjpg
Me either. Oh well, I don't think I was expecting to get a place anyway since there are so few places. Good luck to everyone else.

Oh well, sure we'll find something else
Original post by mars198

Original post by popcornjpg

Original post by mars198
Oh well, sure we'll find something else

I didn't get it either, unfortunately. In hindsight I shouldn't have been so optimistic about it since so few people get places.:frown:

Well done to anyone on TSR who did get an offer, though! :h::h:
I GOT IN!!!!!! ALTHOUGH NOT COMMITTEE OFFICE AS I EXPECTED BUT DIGITAL SERVICES IDK WHAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry to hear rejection from others.....
I got rejected too, very disappointing.
Does anyone know the age limit for applying because I think I'll apply next year?
Also what are people thinking of doing instead?
Pretty sure the age limit is 18- so I'm going to try again next year too:frown:
Original post by Pursing skiesss
I GOT IN!!!!!! ALTHOUGH NOT COMMITTEE OFFICE AS I EXPECTED BUT DIGITAL SERVICES IDK WHAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry to hear rejection from others.....

Hey congrats!! If you don't mind saying, what do you think it was that made your application successful? I didn't get in and I'm going to reapply next year so some tips would be great!:smile:
Reply 73
Original post by ccloon123
I got rejected too, very disappointing.
Does anyone know the age limit for applying because I think I'll apply next year?
Also what are people thinking of doing instead?

Applied to the PwC business insight week, you could look at KPMG discovery? I've managed to get a place on the IEA sixth form internship. I still need some work experience for the 2nd slot my sixth form have given me though, any ideas anyone? related to finance/economics
Do you think it would be possible to get work experience with a government department?

It cannot just only 2!
Original post by grace143
Hey congrats!! If you don't mind saying, what do you think it was that made your application successful? I didn't get in and I'm going to reapply next year so some tips would be great!:smile:

In questions about experience I write about my debate in Debate Society, the debate is about EU and we support out EU. We won btw. I criticised the lack of information from the government/ sources that may led voters feeling ambiguously which side to vote.

I was feeling of writing my personal statement actually. Formal, enthusiastic and committed with my interest.

However, they still move me to Digital services to monitor the online pages of house of commons and intranet service, the areas that I have no idea about. I hate working around computers and online pages. And I'm also unable =)) However the main point is I got in =)))))
Reply 77
.Is anyone planning on emailing to find out the reason they weren't accepted?How old is everyone?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Od.xiv
Rejection.Is anyone planning on emailing to find out the reason they weren't accepted?How old is everyone?

They said that due to the calibre of applications, they may not be able to say the application wasn't successful. I remember reading it on the preview page.
Original post by Od.xiv
Rejection.Is anyone planning on emailing to find out the reason they weren't accepted?How old is everyone?

I'm 16, in yr12.
I remember them saying something about not being able to provide individual feedback but I guess it's worth a try; I might do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending