The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Confused! UCAS/NTU have changed my course?

Has this happened to anyone else? I applied for Journalism BA at NTU. I haven't heard from the uni but logged into UCAS track and it says it was updated on Friday, saying "Your application for Media (with pathways) P300 at Nottingham Trent University has been changed. Please view the choice to check the change." but I didn't apply for Media? I applied for Journalism, a different course! An offer hasn't been made, it says it's been referred. Is this a mistake, why has it changed?

*edit* I've had a UCAS email saying "We're writing to confirm that changes have been made to your UCAS application. You've either added a new choice or substituted one of your existing choices." but I didn't change anything!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by confusedapp
Has this happened to anyone else? I applied for Journalism BA at NTU. I haven't heard from the uni but logged into UCAS track and it says it was updated on Friday, saying "Your application for Media (with pathways) P300 at Nottingham Trent University has been changed. Please view the choice to check the change." but I didn't apply for Media? I applied for Journalism, a different course! An offer hasn't been made, it says it's been referred. Is this a mistake, why has it changed?

*edit* I've had a UCAS email saying "We're writing to confirm that changes have been made to your UCAS application. You've either added a new choice or substituted one of your existing choices." but I didn't change anything!

That's really strange, either it's a mistake or someone's got their hands on your account. Phone UCAS as soon as you can and explain the situation and hopefully they can change it back. You may have to phone NTU as well
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by LJB96
That's really strange, either it's a mistake or someone's got their hands on your account. Phone UCAS as soon as you can and explain the situation and hopefully they can change it back. You may have to phone NTU as well

It's quite upsetting as I have my heart set on journalism as it's accredited and they're so highly regarded for it. I wondered if it was NTU declining me for journalism but offering Media instead but there aren't any offers, it still says referred. I've attached pictures of what it looks like.
Reply 3
Click on it. It might give you a reason why...? Otherwise contact UCAS as soon as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it possible that a media pathway is journalism? There might be two journalism type courses at the university and they're considering you for the other one.
Just a thought! Hope it gets sorted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Nae
Click on it. It might give you a reason why...? Otherwise contact UCAS as soon as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't give me anything. When I click view it looks exactly the same as before except the course name has changed.
Reply 6
Original post by eantonina
Is it possible that a media pathway is journalism? There might be two journalism type courses at the university and they're considering you for the other one.
Just a thought! Hope it gets sorted

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a separate course, P300. P500 and P501 (journalism and broadcast) are NCTJ and BJTC accredited, media isn't so it's a very different course to the one I applied for. I'll call UCAS at 8.30 tomorrow.
Reply 7
Definitely phone UCAS and hopefully they can tell you what happened
Reply 8
Original post by LJB96
Definitely phone UCAS and hopefully they can tell you what happened

I called UCAS, they confirmed the Uni changed it but couldn't see a rejection/offer or an explanation. I'll just have to wait until my lunch break and call the uni admissions department.
I applied to universities and wanted to go Leicester so bad then I did I got a conditional offer which I was still so pleased about but then they sent me a second letter saying unfortunately due to popularity of the course etc, they gave me a altnerntive couese which I'm unhappy About all I've Ever wanted to do was the other course , so what should I do is it over for me and the course of my dreams ? I would even get higher grades than they wanted at the time just to be doing it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending