The Student Room Group

LGBT help, lonliness girl

hey I have finally come out to myself
I am bisexual but I lean much more towards girls (I am a girl)
It is so hard to meet girls like that, and I dont want a one night stand I want a relationship

i feel like lonely and it is so pathetic

Scroll to see replies

The problem is, in our society which is defined by the standard heterosexual relationship, is the stigma attached to asking people out. It's okay for a man to ask a girl out, but if another girl was to ask another girl out...it doesn't seem to be...which is a sad indictment of our society.

But alas, you have to ask people out, and dust yourself down and you know...just be persistent...
Are you at university? Maybe they're some societies or something, and you can get to know some people.

It will take some time, but you have to trust that you will find someone soon enough. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jammy4041
The problem is, in our society which is defined by the standard heterosexual relationship, is the stigma attached to asking people out. It's okay for a man to ask a girl out, but if another
Reply 3
Original post by jammy4041
The problem is, in our society which is defined by the standard heterosexual relationship, is the stigma attached to asking people out. It's okay for a man to ask a girl out, but if another girl was to ask another girl out...it doesn't seem to be...which is a sad indictment of our society.

But alas, you have to ask people out, and dust yourself down and you know...just be persistent...
Are you at university? Maybe they're some societies or something, and you can get to know some people.

It will take some time, but you have to trust that you will find someone soon enough. :smile:

true, i wish it were different too

i cannot think of anything more awkward than asking out a straight girl lol
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

Master sexuality checking in. I'm bi and lean towards girls too. We get more choices and the best of both worlds, so cheer up! :biggrin:
Reply 5

Ah okay, much more leaning than me, so not as many choices but... *hugs you*. :hugs:

It's no more awkward than any other dating scenario tbh - I'm a straight guy and I've unwittingly asked out LGBT girls who weren't interested before!

The trick is to try and befriend someone and get to know them fairly well before you ask them out. If they say they're not interested (because of their sexuality), no harm done - just be respectful, thank them for their honesty and leave with your head held high. Of all of the girls I've hit on, none of them reacted badly because I wasn't a dick about it - evidently they were just really nice and I'd misread this as a sign that they might've been attracted to me!

My LGBT friends rave about the Effing Dykes blog (which I can't link here due to some of the language!). It's a fairly amusing read regardless of your sexuality due to its style. But yeah, just put yourself out there and see what happens. I'm told that the hardest part of coming out is learning to accept yourself, so if you feel sufficiently comfortable to acknowledge you're not straight then you've already hit a major milestone.

Best of luck with it. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Blackacre
It's no more awkward than any other dating scenario tbh - I'm a straight guy and I've unwittingly asked out LGBT girls who weren't interested before!

The trick is to try and befriend someone and get to know them fairly well before you ask them out. If they say they're not interested (because of their sexuality), no harm done - just be respectful, thank them for their honesty and leave with your head held high. Of all of the girls I've hit on, none of them reacted badly because I wasn't a dick about it - evidently they were just really nice and I'd misread this as a sign that they might've been attracted to me!

My LGBT friends rave about the Effing Dykes blog (which I can't link here due to some of the language!). It's a fairly amusing read regardless of your sexuality due to its style. But yeah, just put yourself out there and see what happens. I'm told that the hardest part of coming out is learning to accept yourself, so if you feel sufficiently comfortable to acknowledge you're not straight then you've already hit a major milestone.

Best of luck with it. :smile:

truee, thanks thats great advice

the blog is awesome!
Reply 8
[QUOTE=
Anonymous;53514757]hey I have finally come out to myself
It is so hard to meet girls like that, and I dont want a one night stand I want a relationship

Hey, as someone already said coming out to yourself is the hardest part so well done :smile:. I know they're not exactly cool but my mates (gay girls) all use dating websites an apps, I find it by far the easiest way because there's no way I'm about to ask a girl out if I didn't have some serious gay signs first! So at least you know everyone on there is in the same boat and although they get a bad rep I've only had good experiences.

Also just being 'out' to as many people as poss helps, so then anyone interested can either approach you or make any feelings for you obvious. Being fem it's damn near impossible to have a girl just hit on me because she just wouldn't really know I was that way inclined, even in a gay club I'm always looked upon as a straight girl, so yeah putting yourself out there as the gay one always helps me out anyways!

x
Are there any local groups that support LGBT that you could possibly meet people at? Or maybe online dating would be more suitable if you're looking for a relationship, you can meet people who want the same things you do :smile: You could even message a few people on here just to get your confidence up! Just do whatever is comfortable with you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lmford
Hey, as someone already said coming out to yourself is the hardest part so well done :smile:. I know they're not exactly cool but my mates (gay girls) all use dating websites an apps, I find it by far the easiest way because there's no way I'm about to ask a girl out if I didn't have some serious gay signs first! So at least you know everyone on there is in the same boat and although they get a bad rep I've only had good experiences.

Also just being 'out' to as many people as poss helps, so then anyone interested can either approach you or make any feelings for you obvious. Being fem it's damn near impossible to have a girl just hit on me because she just wouldn't really know I was that way inclined, even in a gay club I'm always looked upon as a straight girl, so yeah putting yourself out there as the gay one always helps me out anyways!

x

Hey, thank you for the reply! I guess you're right about the whole being out thing. I know it would be better but I am just not comfortable being out yet.. Idk why

Also I am on my year abroad, so in a new country. I guess I could see if there are decent dating apps here

Was it hard to come out?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2529505
I have a good friend who's albino and he has recently come out as bisexual (he likes to swing both ways). First he told his mother, who was very pleased, and then he told his father who asked him for a strip tease. :/

Ooh i should join

But that would mean coming out.... Hmm
Ooh i should join

But that would mean coming out.... Hmm

Dooo eeeeet! :biggrin:
Reply 15
Hey, thank you for the reply! I guess you're right about the whole being out thing. I know it would be better but I am just not comfortable being out yet.. Idk why

Also I am on my year abroad, so in a new country. I guess I could see if there are decent dating apps here

Was it hard to come out?

Oh cool, depends what country you're in probably but I was travelling in Aus and New Zealand last year and the apps worked fine.

I hate the phrase 'coming out' but yeah mine was fine. Just came out with it on a night out I think with mates, but didn't tell family until I had a serious gf, didn't think they needed to really know till then! But they loved her so that was all good.

Hardest bit is just working it all out for yourself, but don't rush just go on a few dates and you'll get used to the idea of it all :smile:
Reply 16
I think now days it's stranger to be in the closest if you're gay/bi etc.
Reply 17

Hey there! I totally feel you girl... I'm in exactly same position and this here is like
walking around and seeing cute girls and wondering (oh my god what if but what if not) SO STRESSFUL
it's difficult to get romantic love if you first don't have friendship love.
Original post by louieee
it's difficult to get romantic love if you first don't have friendship love.

Sorry could you explain a bit more?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending