The Student Room Group

Worried about phone bill?

Hi everyone,

I got my phone bill and I am shocked at how much it is, it is £80.53 and it's because of one late payment that it's that price, I am so worried that I will not be able to pay it off, I put £25 in my Mum's bank account on Friday to pay it off and the bank took it out for her referral payments, I am so pissed off about that, but she's giving me £25 tomorrow to help start paying it off, how the hell am I going to pay £80.53 off in 4 weeks?, I get £25 every week but my mum is going to give me £50 on the 17th of February, so maybe I will get it paid off, I hope I do.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by JonJo000
Hi everyone,

I got my phone bill and I am shocked at how much it is, it is £80.53 and it's because of one late payment that it's that price, I am so worried that I will not be able to pay it off, I put £25 in my Mum's bank account on Friday to pay it off and the bank took it out for her referral payments, I am so pissed off about that, but she's giving me £25 tomorrow to help start paying it off, how the hell am I going to pay £80.53 off in 4 weeks?, I get £25 every week but my mum is going to give me £50 on the 17th of February, so maybe I will get it paid off, I hope I do.

Wait; your phone company has added a late payment charge? Or your bank has added a charge for unauthorised overdraft?

How much is the charge? Does it say anything about such a charge in your phone contract?
how old are you and do you have a job? If you are young and/or unemployed you may be able to phone up and renegotiate the charge or at least get time to pay. Don't panic but be prepared to tell them you have a problem paying. How did your bill get as big? If you are under 18 a debt may not be enforceable.
Original post by JonJo000
Hi everyone,

if you set up one of those fund me campaigns I'll give you £20 donation
Rugar Rell thanks for the offer, but I've applied for Employment and Support Allowance, so I should get just enough basic allowance to get by if I get it, it's not due to the 23rd Febraury.

suedonim I'm 20 and no I don't have a job, I am in college at the moment, so I knew what the implications of having a mobile phone on contract were, I just didn't think my bill would come to £80.53.

Reue No it doesn't state any mobile charge, but I have calculated up the phone bill and there is at least £6.31 left, so that must be the late charge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending