The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Eh?
What do you mean? Sounds scary!
Well basically it would involve the boxer being injured in the fight, first of all he had a weak skull or something so there was a debate about whether the doctor should have stopped him fighting, about whether he should even have a boxing licence, about whether it was his own fault as he knew about it... then they ocmplicated it by saying that the doctor's kit at ringside was inadequate and then they would add extra stuff like "say the doctor was responsible for his kit", "say the management were" or "say it was supposed to be another doctor, but this guy had to be rushed in and it was the first time he had done it or wasn't an expert in the field". There were even more factors than this, it was 3 years ago so no wonder i dont remember!

Then they would simply switch them all round repeatadly, creating a never ending set of facts... basically I screwed up, I think. Just wasn't good enough at this kind of thing back there. I admit that. Anyway, I'm flying now :biggrin:.
Reply 22
Lewisy-boy
Well basically it would involve the boxer being injured in the fight, first of all he had a weak skull or something so there was a debate about whether the doctor should have stopped him fighting, about whether he should even have a boxing licence, about whether it was his own fault as he knew about it... then they ocmplicated it by saying that the doctor's kit at ringside was inadequate and then they would add extra stuff like "say the doctor was responsible for his kit", "say the management were" or "say it was supposed to be another doctor, but this guy had to be rushed in and it was the first time he had done it or wasn't an expert in the field". There were even more factors than this, it was 3 years ago so no wonder i dont remember!

Then they would simply switch them all round repeatadly, creating a never ending set of facts... basically I screwed up, I think. Just wasn't good enough at this kind of thing back there. I admit that. Anyway, I'm flying now :biggrin:.

I don't think the Doctor is responsible there, if he's that injured there isn't much they can do at ringside, he'd have to be rushed to hospital. And they don't routinely check skull thickness before matches do they? If the doctor knew about the skull though, he would be negligent if he didn't inform the fighter about the risks involved.

I'm not sure though, what did you think at the time?
I don't recall what I said. The thing is that skull thickness also evaporated in some of the fact sets... the real test is to see how quickly you think, so as soon as ur close they just switch it and say "now suppose...". They perform medical checks and stuff, and presumably for a boxer they would check your head stability etc.
Reply 24
Sounds challenging.. My fear is being utterly ripped to shreds in an Oxford interview.

Still no offers here, whereas most of my friends applying to other courses have a few already. Argh.
Trying to remain philosophical.
My theory is that if you get ripped to shreds in an Oxbridge interview, you'll never have to face those people again.

Though it is a lot easier to say that if you have an offer for somewhere else, albeit not in the same league.

Latest

Trending

Trending