The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Why is King's College London so underrated by The Guardian?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Theriverboatsong
ARWU isn't as respected as QS and THE in the UK generally. The UK league tables kind of got the stuffing knocked out of them when student satisfaction replaced teaching assessment scores. I guess the newspapers thought they could make the whole thing more popular and mainstream by getting student views fed into the rankings. Huge error of judgement.

The THE ranking doesn't use student satisfaction.
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2014-15/world-ranking/methodology

Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Did I say it did??????
Reply 22
Original post by Theriverboatsong
Did I say it did??????

No, read too fast.:biggrin:
Because The Guardian are meddling lefties
Guardian rankings are a joke, they put too much weight on bull**** poorly operationalised feel-good criteria like "student satisfaction"
I'd just like to say as a student at King's, i understand why the student satisfaction is low, and trust me it matters. You have very little contact with the staff, and you struggle to find help with stuff you don't understand. Yh on the whole a KCL is more recognized internationally then at queen Mary. But my point is, student satisfaction matters. :smile:
That depends on your course though, for example medicine is a lot higher than say English, what you studying? :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Guren
That depends on your course though, for example medicine is a lot higher than say English, what you studying? :smile:

The joy that is physics
Original post by Guren

What are you studying btw?
Original post by Dead End Street
Because The Guardian are meddling lefties

Isn't King's very international in terms of students and staff? I heard that King's is Asian fest.
I miss my time at KCL
Original post by queen-bee
I miss my time at KCL

What course did you do?
Original post by Raymat
Isn't King's very international in terms of students and staff? I heard that King's is Asian fest.

Strand has loads of european people studying international relations and european studies and other courses they make up the majority. Medicine and dentistry is the one where lots of Asians study. Either way everyone gets on well with each other (not sure if you have a UKIP style agenda, if not then no worries :smile: )
Original post by binarythoughts
What course did you do?

Biomed
Whenever I read lists of the best games of all time, I see games like Ultra Street Fighter 4 being rated higher than Arkham Asylum. Do I fling my **** out of the pram? No, I accept someone else has different criteria for rating games to me.
Biomed

Go into research or a job or into medicine? It's quite varied that course :smile:
Original post by Arkasia
Whenever I read lists of the best games of all time, I see games like Ultra Street Fighter 4 being rated higher than Arkham Asylum. Do I fling my **** out of the pram? No, I accept someone else has different criteria for rating games to me.

Great analogy sir
Original post by Guren
Strand has loads of european people studying international relations and european studies and other courses they make up the majority. Medicine and dentistry is the one where lots of Asians study. Either way everyone gets on well with each other (not sure if you have a UKIP style agenda, if not then no worries :smile: )

If UKIP ever come to power, does that mean students from abroad will not be able to come to the UK to study? If they have a policy that prevents EU/international students from studying at UK universities then they are obviously a crap party.
Original post by Guren
Go into research or a job or into medicine? It's quite varied that course :smile:

I'm studying medicine at uni next year :smile:
I'm studying medicine at uni next year :smile:

Which uni? Congrats

Quick Reply

Latest