The Student Room Group

Do I study the BPTC and pursue a career at the Bar?

Hi Guys, I'm sure you've seen dozens of these but here we go.

I'm a final year student at London South Bank University. All my modules to date are high 2:1s (66 or above) or firsts. My A levels were less good, BBC.

I moot, I've won top scoring mooter and the internal competition prize which was held in the supreme court before Lord Wilson who judged. I'm currently in the second round of the OUP mooting competition. I was also awarded an academic scholarship in second year which paid my tuition fees.

I was part of a project called street law which involved going to schools in underprivileged areas and teaching them about the law to get them to consider a legal degree and career. We helped them prepare and put on mock trials.

I was events coordinator of our student union in first year.

I also am a member of a professional choir outside of uni, play rugby for a local club and have a full time job as a bartender.

I basically want to know whether anyone with experience of the process thinks I have any chance in the profession based on what I have achieved so far.
(edited 9 years ago)
It certainly sounds quite impressive. The Bar is naturally very competitive, so having all those extracurriculars is extremely advantageous.

Have you thought of doing an LLM?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending