The Student Room Group

Med School

Hi - I got 2A*s and 8 A's in my GCSEs. I really want to go to med school, but know my GCSE results are a bit low. Which units should I apply to that are less focused on GCSE results. I am currently studying A levels in maths, further maths, biology and chemistry and undertaking loads of medical related voluntary work, including working for AgeUK and as a ward volunteer at a local hospital. Thanks.
Reply 1
wow what other work experience are you doing? and how did you manage to go on ward rounds because i swear you have to be over eighteen
Original post by Abyerley
Hi - I got 2A*s and 8 A's in my GCSEs. I really want to go to med school, but know my GCSE results are a bit low. Which units should I apply to that are less focused on GCSE results. I am currently studying A levels in maths, further maths, biology and chemistry and undertaking loads of medical related voluntary work, including working for AgeUK and as a ward volunteer at a local hospital. Thanks.

This page could do with updating, but it's still largely accurate:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_GCSE_Requirements
Original post by Abyerley
Hi - I got 2A*s and 8 A's in my GCSEs.

but know my GCSE results are a bit low.

Lol.

You'll be fine. Go on individual university websites and look at their entrance criteria. It's all very open, and they'll tell you what grades you need.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending