The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Have I lost my chance to attend UCL??!! Pls help urgent!!

Okay so I'm an international student who applied to UCL modern languages recently. I applied and sent my application in a few days before the deadline! So that part was sorted. However UCL sent me an email on jan 29/30 and asked me to confirm what language combination I wanted to do for my language degree. The deadline to respond to that email was feb 5th. I responded to the email on feb 7th. The reason was I had forgotten, not because I don't care about university ( I really do) but because I had been so busy with school and highly stressed out. Anyways I responded and apologized. I even contacted the admissions director explaining what has happened. I've been freaking out all day and I am extremely upset. UCL is my dream school and it kills me knowing I can miss out on it due to the email.

Can someone help? Has this ever happened to any of you?
Reply 1
Did they expressly state that the deadline was the 5th (I mean did they seem adamant?).

You should wait for their answer before coming to any conclusion. I am pretty sure they wouldn't mind for 2 days.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by *Stefan*
Did they expressly state that the deadline was the 5th (I mean did they seem adamant?).

You should wait for their answer before coming to any conclusion. I am pretty sure they wouldn't mind for 2 days.

Thankyou for responding! They said this in their email; " This information is essential for us to be able to process your application, so please respond to this email by 05 February 2015."
Original post by vanessanoelle
Thankyou for responding! They said this in their email; " This information is essential for us to be able to process your application, so please respond to this email by 05 February 2015."

Have they sent you a Rejection Email/Letter? If not, there is a good chance that your application is still being processed. What does it say on your Portico page?
Reply 4

Hmm... I would definitely wait for their reply, since -to me- it doesn't seem very absolute. Besides, you're only 2 days late.

I believe they would make it clearer that, if you didn't meet this deadline, your application would be unsuccessful.
Original post by JamjamjamT
Have they sent you a Rejection Email/Letter? If not, there is a good chance that your application is still being processed. What does it say on your Portico page?

It says application received. It's been considered it says!
It says application received. It's been considered it says!

Well, it seems like you are still in with a shot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending