The Student Room Group

Britain first embarrassing us all again

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ironic how they're labelling the Muslims as terrorists yet it's them yelling offensive terms ("Muslim scum") and acting as though it's a fight rather than recognising that Muslims simply want respect for their prophet which is understandable.

Also, what does ISIS even have to do with this?? I know they call themselves Muslims but anyone with any knowledge of Islam will know what they're doing is totally against the teachings if the Quran LOOL
Original post by TheCroc
The guy literally just asked you if you were a member of Britain First bro, how is he supposed to know your opinions on the matter. He never accused you of being a member. You started going on about how "Ah, so if i find it offensive when i watch a video showing muslims treading on poppy wreaths, i'm automatically a member of Britain First?". Nah matey, that's not what he implied at all, you're being way too sensitive. No beef man please.

You're right. I get too offended when i see women treated like cattle or wreaths being trodden on. If i get offended in future, ill at least be sure to point out all the obvious things i'm offended by too, like calling muslims terrorists, just in case anyone presumes i'm a member of Stormfront and needs to ask.
Original post by TenthDimension
So, rather than shouting terrorist at every muslim in that video, the correct approach would maybe be to ask them all if they're terrorists? Thanks, i think i see the difference now. Just, that would still feel a bit wrong though to me? But you feel thats ok?

I'd rather someone make enquiries than just assume. But I think the situation you describe is different to that on a discussion forum.

I am not sure what your problem is.
Reply 23
Original post by Rugar Rell
Im impressd with you white people I thought you would all be in favour.. anyway Im black my parents are from Jamaica and I would like there to be no muslims in the UK. Its nothing to do with race I dont like the religion and I dont see why any normal human would. Now Im sure the people in the video are racist and its not just about religion but I dont blame them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This sounds familiar, where have I heard this before.... oh yes, SLAVERY OF BLACK PEOPLE. This is an extreme comparison but your backwards thinking is no better.

I understand that religion and race are totally different but Islam is a peaceful religion (seriously, study it pls before you argue) What you're doing is discriminating against a group of people simply because of a group of brainless terrorists who associate themselves with the religion.

Be more open minded and loving, ok?!!. Educate yo' self, brother (or sister idk)
My problem is the automatic questioning 'are you a member of a racist organisation' when i find several things wrong in a video.
Are you seriously suggesting its ok to ask a muslim if he's a terrorist? You seem to suggest its ok to ask and imply so long as you're not accusing.
The world would be a lot happier if people didnt assume people of one religion were terrorists. And the same at the other end of the spectrum. Not everyone who finds segregating of women to be offensive is a member of Britian First.
You really don't see anything wrong with asking, as long as no one is accusing?
My problem is the automatic questioning 'are you a member of a racist organisation' when i find several things wrong in a video.
Are you seriously suggesting its ok to ask a muslim if he's a terrorist? You seem to suggest its ok to ask and imply so long as you're not accusing.
The world would be a lot happier if people didnt assume people of one religion were terrorists. And the same at the other end of the spectrum. Not everyone who finds segregating of women to be offensive is a member of Britian First.
You really don't see anything wrong with asking, as long as no one is accusing?

Get a grip.

For a start, I said that the situation you described was different.

And for the umpteenth time... I was just asking. Get over it.
Reply 26
You're right. I get too offended when i see women treated like cattle or wreaths being trodden on. If i get offended in future, ill at least be sure to point out all the obvious things i'm offended by too, like calling muslims terrorists, just in case anyone presumes i'm a member of Stormfront and needs to ask.

Do you even context bro? You got too sensitive about when he asked you whether or not you were a member, from your first post it wasn't clear what your definite opinions on the matter were. You didn't get too offended, you jumped to conclusions. You assumed he was accusing you of being a Britain First member, which he wasn't. Please can you interpret correctly. No one is worrying about your opinion on the video, and when I say that, to clarify, I mean not that no one cares about your opinion, it's that Inner Temple did not put an opinion of his own forward against yours. kk. Cool it.
Reply 27
Original post by InnerTemple
Get a grip.

For a start, I said that the situation you described was different.

And for the umpteenth time... I was just asking. Get over it.

I don't get this guy at all.
Reply 28
In the end, a question is a question. It was inquiring for a simple yes or no answer. Nothing else.
Original post by TheCroc
I don't get this guy at all.

Maybe he has had a bad day? :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by InnerTemple
Maybe he has had a bad day? :smile:

Perhaps :')
Im cool.
As you all point out over and over, its ok to enquire. This is no way means by asking in the first place, you're implying anything. I get it. Its all fine so long as you don't accuse.
Clearly then, there is nothing wrong posing the question 'are you a terrorist'. Personally, i still don't feel that is right, but i accept i'm in the minority here and you all feel its fine to ask which in no way implies anything whatsoever.
Original post by TheCroc
What is it you don't like about Islam.

Funny guy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asma101
This sounds familiar, where have I heard this before.... oh yes, SLAVERY OF BLACK PEOPLE. This is an extreme comparison but your backwards thinking is no better.

I understand that religion and race are totally different but Islam is a peaceful religion (seriously, study it pls before you argue) What you're doing is discriminating against a group of people simply because of a group of brainless terrorists who associate themselves with the religion.

Be more open minded and loving, ok?!!. Educate yo' self, brother (or sister idk)

Hahaha you lost me at "peacful" Ive read the Quran I was going to convert a few years back. I dont think a religion which has a holy book stating to kill non-belivers is a religion of peace.. we arent living in the stone age anymore a islam is primative.. dont get me wrong the bible isnt much better but Christinanity has adapted to the times. End of the day they are books written by man and full of opinions, I suggest you educate yourself and wise up to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Im cool.
As you all point out over and over, its ok to enquire. This is no way means by asking in the first place, you're implying anything. I get it. Its all fine so long as you don't accuse.
Clearly then, there is nothing wrong posing the question 'are you a terrorist'. Personally, i still don't feel that is right, but i accept i'm in the minority here and you all feel its fine to ask which in no way implies anything whatsoever.

I get ya, well yeah I just see it all as free speech, people have the right to question however they want. I understand there are moral decisions that can be required in some cases, like asking if someone is a terrorist, cos people do tend to find that if someone is asking you that question, they think you may be a terrorist. Ah well, I'm too tired for all this now and I'm probably not making sense :') night peeps.
Thats cool. Jesting aside, you can appreciate how asking someone 'are you a member of a racist organisation' can be seen as implying. I commented on 2 issues i found troubling in the video, i thought it would go without saying that id also find the group disgusting, how could anyone not?
Just making the point, its not on to say hey we're just asking. I wouldn't just ask a muslim if he's a terrorist, that would be appalling. Neither should anyone think its ok to ask if someone's a practising Nazi, just cos they find segregating women offensive.
There can be faults with both sides in a video.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pennyarcade
The stupidity of some people scares me.

Its hilarious how the oversized man child preaches about free speech and respect not even 20 seconds before calling random muslims in the street 'terrorist scum'

Ive been critical of muslims for a long time, but please, for the sake of sanity, can someone bleach the windows this guy licks.

The same way Muslims call random Brits racists & nazis?
They seem like a replacement of the British National Party but what is the difference?
Reply 38
Original post by Rugar Rell
Hahaha you lost me at "peacful" Ive read the Quran I was going to convert a few years back. I dont think a religion which has a holy book stating to kill non-belivers is a religion of peace.. we arent living in the stone age anymore a islam is primative.. dont get me wrong the bible isnt much better but Christinanity has adapted to the times. End of the day they are books written by man and full of opinions, I suggest you educate yourself and wise up to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm curious, what made you decide not to convert?

Regarding what you said about killing innocent people, my favourite verse from the Quran is actually:"...whoever kills a soul unless for corruption done in the land- it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one- it is as if he saved mankind entirely..." (Chapter 5 Verse 32)

Islam preaches peace and equality (forreal) and the killing of someone is a serious thing. There are many conditions that have to be met to ensure that an innocent person is not killed. Unfortunately, many people (Muslims included) do not understand this which is why unjust killings (of Muslims and non-Muslims) take place.

I don't mean to come across as preach-y or rude I just wanted to clear that up as best as I could. Obviously, there's so much more to discuss.:smile:
Reply 39
Original post by demx9
The muslims are more embaressing tbh

"muh freedom of speech"
"BAN CARTOONS"

I'm quite sure they're not protesting for the banning of cartoons LOL that would be ridiculous.

Their holy prophet was mocked and they do not want the cartoon to be published. Does that sound unreasonable to you? It's as simple as that. Unfortunately the reputation that Muslims have makes the situation seem ludicrous when in fact, all they want is respect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending