The Student Room Group

Help Urgently Needed, please can someone give me advice.

Sorry, if I haven't made my problem clear, but I just got off speaking to a Vofafone employee who was downright rude and patronising and I am so annoyed. No one at vodafone will do anything but here's my problem...

I sent my phone, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact off to carphone warehouse to be repaired due to my touch screen not responding, and I due to misleading information on behalf of Vodafone, Sony and the Carphone Warehouse it has gone past my 28 day return offer and I have only just sent it off today. Only, to find out after sending it to Carphone Warehouse apparently, there is one crack on the the bottom area no where near from where the screen is working.
Will it still be repaired or will they use this as an excuse to not repair it? If so can anyone give me some adviced.

Also, this may sound weird, but I signed the "the repair form", yet I think that the guy put down in pen after I signed it on the document that the the screen is cracked. and it isn't imprinted in Black and White as part of the printer.
Therefore I signed the repair form before and after he printed it out he wrote the problem down in pen. Does this mean I'm in my rights to argue that I didn't know what I was signing henceforth they have to repair it.
I can't really make out if he wrote it on my form in pen or the printer actually printed it out really goood, so it actually looks like pen.

Also what was this watchdogs thing and did they say anything new. I currently live in Birmingham, UK ( I don't know if it makes a difference), but would you suggest to wait until my repair comes back. Also, I ve also complained to Vodafone and Sony as well as Carphone Warehouse regarding there misleading information which made me miss the 28 days as well if Vodafone will still charge me for my contract because now I don't have a phone whatsoever which will register a Vodafone sim.

However, I do feel that it was a coincidence, how the first time I went to ask my phone to get sorted by the Carphone Warehouse and I was still saying I had a problem with the touch screen, they said my phone was in good condition (without a crack) it was fine and told me if anything, it was to do with the Vodafone Services and to see them about even though now they say it was a more technical issue and not the services, but only now after they have seen the crack they have suggested this could be a reason (even though I have never dropped it), henceforth I feel that this information purposefully has been made to say the damage was my fault even though I could have soved this problem ages ago and now since I don't have another Vodafone phone I cant use my contract which has wasted my money. But then again, I guess I should wait and hear about what happens to my phone?

Thanks for reading
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone?
Do I have any rights to claim anything? I just feel so depressed from arguing my point of view across and I can't do a thing about it. I've never complained to a company in my life and I can't deal with it.

p.s. If someone could help me out it would be grateful!!!!!!
Original post by IWokeUpLikeThis
Do I have any rights to claim anything? I just feel so depressed from arguing my point of view across and I can't do a thing about it. I've never complained to a company in my life and I can't deal with it.

p.s. If someone could help me out it would be grateful!!!!!!

See what happens next, then make your move. With any luck, you'll get your phone back and it'll be fine and dandy, no problem. Do you have a timescale for your phone's return?
Original post by mikeyd85
See what happens next, then make your move. With any luck, you'll get your phone back and it'll be fine and dandy, no problem. Do you have a timescale for your phone's return?

Well they said around the 20th February, but I also complained to the Carphone Warehouse about their lack and service and cooperation with me throughout my time and they said

"I have looked into your account today and I can advise that the repair is still in the process of being looked at by our engineers, so please look forward to their response.

I have to advise that in regards to the complaint investigation, this will be carried out internally from this point forward and the results wont be made known as due to the outcome this may cause issues with employee privacy. Regardless, we will always ensure that any problems are rectified through additional training or disciplinaries where necessary, as we pride ourselves on our usual high standard of service. "

Hopefully, what uou said happens :smile:
Original post by IWokeUpLikeThis
Well they said around the 20th February, but I also complained to the Carphone Warehouse about their lack and service and cooperation with me throughout my time and they said

"I have looked into your account today and I can advise that the repair is still in the process of being looked at by our engineers, so please look forward to their response.

I have to advise that in regards to the complaint investigation, this will be carried out internally from this point forward and the results wont be made known as due to the outcome this may cause issues with employee privacy. Regardless, we will always ensure that any problems are rectified through additional training or disciplinaries where necessary, as we pride ourselves on our usual high standard of service. "

Hopefully, what uou said happens :smile:

Good, at least we have a time frame. After this point, I'd start going mental if the issue isn't resolved.

It's a fairly standard reply there, and I doubt you'll hear anything back from it. Just keep a note of the incident number (if you have been given one) and this response so that should you need to go back to them, you already have a paper trail. :yep:
Original post by mikeyd85
Good, at least we have a time frame. After this point, I'd start going mental if the issue isn't resolved.

It's a fairly standard reply there, and I doubt you'll hear anything back from it. Just keep a note of the incident number (if you have been given one) and this response so that should you need to go back to them, you already have a paper trail. :yep:

Thank You soo much...:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending