The Student Room Group

How do you cheer up your boyfriend/girlfriend when they've had a bad day?

The title says it all. I'm trying hard to be supportive and cheer up my partner, but running out of ideas now haha. What do people do/say/text to cheer somebody up after a bad day? Besides sex.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Krispey kreme donuts, everyone like donuts or nice takeaway a few of his fav beers and a film he likes wish my wench would do that haha, good luck
Depends on what they're feeling down about.
Reply 3
He has a pretty stressful job so has to deal with traumatic situations a lot. I just want to be able to cheer him up more after work.
Reply 4
Original post by yabbayabba
He has a pretty stressful job so has to deal with traumatic situations a lot. I just want to be able to cheer him up more after work.

He?

I'm out
Reply 5
Original post by Gambit92
He?

I'm out

Lol whatever. This is a fairly gender neutral question.
I suggest doing something my partner enjoys
Sex or make them some soup probz

It's the little things that help. Try asking how his day went, cook him a nice dinner or something he enjoys (best way to a man's heart is through his food), if he has the energy to do it then activities that aren't too energy consumptive like watching a movie, playing games, watching funny videos or shows.

Hugs or cuddling if he's tired also helps. Sometimes all he might want is sex at the end of the night but doing these other things can also help, it just depends on him I guess and what sort of person he is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awww, what a sweetie
Talking about why they`re upset, cooking a meal, or even just buying some cake lol!
It`s the small things that count :-D

get him a takeaway and hoy on a film thatll cheer him up
Reply 12
Just walk out on them hahahhahahah
Head
Original post by HelloLosers!
Just walk out on them hahahhahahah

This is the best advice clearly
Original post by 53SecondsToGo
This is the best advice clearly

I know right!
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Head