The Student Room Group

Legal Assistant Law Commission 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cristina27
I submitted my application including typos :frown: - I know, very stupid, I was under a lot of pressure and stress w. uni-deadlines, so I submitted it crying haha because I was so angry with myself. Aaaanyway - there's no chance I will get it (I would not give myself the job) but still something in my heart clings on to unrealistic hope. As I understood it from the application-guide, the people who are invited for an interview get a letter, and the rejections are sent per mail. But maybe I did not understand it correctly.

In which case it will be even longer before we hear sadly. I thought everyone heard by email but maybe I am wrong, hopefully we at least hear by the end of the week!
Reply 21
Does anyone still have the job criteria document? I saved it but the file got corrupted :frown:
Reply 22
Original post by TradLawyer
In which case it will be even longer before we hear sadly. I thought everyone heard by email but maybe I am wrong, hopefully we at least hear by the end of the week!

I was also under the impression that we all hear by email.
Reply 23
I think we will hear by e-mail either way. That's what they've done in the past (save the trees and all that).
Original post by gruntled
Does anyone still have the job criteria document? I saved it but the file got corrupted :frown:

Which doc is that ha? The application guide or the advert or?
So I got a reply to my email and apparently they will try and send the results out tomorrow or over the next few days by email. So I think we all should probably hear by the end of the week?
Reply 26
Oh good grief I'm nervous.
Reply 27
Which doc is that ha? The application guide or the advert or?

The application guide.
The application guide.

Yes, I have a copy, not sure how to send it to you mind, might upload it somewhere or?

And yeah you are not the only who is nervous haha, although I have more resigned myself to failure.
Reply 29
Yes, I have a copy, not sure how to send it to you mind, might upload it somewhere or?

And yeah you are not the only who is nervous haha, although I have more resigned myself to failure.

What team have you applied for? I've gone for Wills, hoping I'll be considered because I can't imagine it's too popular a team...

Do you have dropbox?
What team have you applied for? I've gone for Wills, hoping I'll be considered because I can't imagine it's too popular a team...

Do you have dropbox?

Haha same! Well Property, family, trusts etc... but waxed lyrical about wills, land registration etc... I think it wont be hugely popular but then again property law chambers still got tons of application for pupillage so who knows!

Yeah I do heres the link
Reply 31
Haha same! Well Property, family, trusts etc... but waxed lyrical about wills, land registration etc... I think it wont be hugely popular but then again property law chambers still got tons of application for pupillage so who knows!

Yeah I do heres the link

Thanks!

I do love a good probate, as weird as that sounds!
Thanks!

I do love a good probate, as weird as that sounds!

Yeah I'm not sure many people would say that :tongue:

I'm more of a land or trust law guy myself but I wouldn't really complain either way.
Just been rejected, so they've started letting people know. Good luck guys!
Reply 34
Been accepted. So many forms to fill in. Good luck everyone!
I was rejected. Not hugely surprising but still they should probably edit their minimum requirements to say "1st class or masters degree in law required".
Reply 36
I've been rejected too, bit disappointing - but I was hoping that they'd give me a bit more detail as to why so I could avoid it in the future!
On the Bright side I have managed to get an interview for the equivalent position at the Scottish Law Commission, so am pretty chuffed about that! :biggrin:
Reply 38
Has anyone had to do a written test for the Law Commission for this role? Freaking out about mine!!
Reply 39
Has anyone done the written test paper yet for the research assistant role?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending