The Student Room Group

Do we have Freedom of speech? A very disturbing montage of clips.

Do we have Freedom of speech? A very disturbing montage of clips from David Icke documentaries that tell a parable of free speech.

This montage is about the system of censorship. I have taken a bunch of clips from documentaries about David Icke and pieced them together to make my own documentary which tells its own story. This montage is not the story of David Icke or the story that David Icke tells. This montage tells its own story about free speech.

I don’t think I need to write the narrative as I believe the clips together make the narrative. I am not going to defend all of Icke’s theories (especially the more bizarre ones) because that is not what this montage is about so I am not going to waste my time or your time debating them (for one thing it could be an endless debate).

I think it’s a narrative that many people will find hard to deal with. When you realise how the system of censorship works, you have beat it.

(edited 9 years ago)
Can't be arsed to watch a 20 minute video. The gist, please?
You lost me at David Icke.

Does he still believe in lizard people?
Reply 3
Original post by gladders
Can't be arsed to watch a 20 minute video. The gist, please?

That people who say certain things are accused of untrue things by nefarious organisations representing legal organised crime.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by MatureStudent36
You lost me at David Icke.

Does he still believe in lizard people?

Mature Student,

As far as I am aware David Icke still believes in the lizard people. As you well know this threat was to discuss freedom of speech not David Icke.

Yesterday's themes in your topics were sustainability, climate change and social responsibility. Today's themes for you are freedom of speech, integrity in the media, representation of the people by the state.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fodder
Mature Student,

As far as I am aware David Icke still believes in the lizard people. As you well know this threat was to discuss freedom of speech not David Icke.

Yesterday's themes in your topics were sustainability, climate change and social responsibility. Today's themes for you are freedom of speech, integrity in the media, representation of the people by the state.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Merely pointing out that the person you've quoted and are trying to discuss is a bit of a loon.
Reply 6
Original post by MatureStudent36
Merely pointing out that the person you've quoted and are trying to discuss is a bit of a loon.

He said that the universe is a hologram. That sounded loony at the time then 20 years later scientists started saying the same thing and there is a Scientific American magazine cover on the subject. Yes he says some things that sound loony.

But the fact that he has some loony ideas is not what he is being discussed here.

What Mr. Icke seems to have exposed so brilliantly and perhaps even inadvertently is how the freedom of speech net works.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fodder
That people who say certain things are accused of untrue things by nefarious organisations representing legal organised crime.

What nefarious organisations? How are they representing organised crime? Are you not confusing being 'accused of untrue things' with 'being disagreed with'?
Reply 8
What nefarious organisations? How are they representing organised crime? Are you not confusing being 'accused of untrue things' with 'being disagreed with'?

When it comes to disagree fine, but when it comes to trying to jail, deport someone, have their books burned for their political views, this is a criminal organisation, or rather a front for a criminal organisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fodder
When it comes to disagree fine, but when it comes to trying to jail, deport someone, have their books burned for their political views, this is a criminal organisation, or rather a front for a criminal organisation.

Is this in the UK? Could you provide news articles rather than a video?
Reply 10
Is this in the UK? Could you provide news articles rather than a video?

The particular incident depicted in my video above was in Canada but the same power structure is worldwide and tries to do this worldwide, although not all countries let them do this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fodder
The particular incident depicted in my video above was in Canada but the same power structure is worldwide and tries to do this worldwide, although not all countries let them do this.

I'd much rather an article than a video.
Reply 12
I'd much rather an article than a video.

The video is better evidence than an article because it shows the people in question actually saying the things in question. An article does not prove that it's quotes are accurate. A video from the horses mouth does.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending