The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Is Aberdeen University slow at giving offers?

I sent off my ucas application in early November, the university emailed me a few days later asking for some additional information to decide which fee status to give me, and after two weeks they had decided. But I still haven't received an offer.. are they just slow?
Reply 1
same here, i've sent them my offer in december and from that point i haven't heard from them
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
I had an unconditional offer in January for LLB Hons so they must be giving out some offers.
Reply 3
Congrats! Still waiting ...:confused:
I sent my application off in the middle of November and just received an offer, so I'd say they are slow but apparently faster than Edinburgh, Heriot-Watt and Dundee...
Reply 5
I'm also still waiting to hear back, applied for Psychology a few days before the deadline...
Sent my application off the 1st of November and also still waiting. Aberdeen should allegedly be quicker at answering than my other choices though (St Andrews and Edinburgh - haven´t heard from them either). In any case, Aberdeen definitely has started sending out offers, so hopefully we´ll hear back soon :smile:
Reply 7
I applied in october and still no news :/
Reply 8
How come Glasgow is able to respond in a week and Aberdeen or St Andrews take ages to get back to you :/
Original post by baars
How come Glasgow is able to respond in a week and Aberdeen or St Andrews take ages to get back to you :/

Well, St A is quite competitive, but I´m not sure about Aberdeen.
Reply 10
When I applied to Aberdeen, I didn't hear anything from them until the end of April/beginning of June. It was such a nervous time for me since all my friends had offers and knew what they were doing around this time and I was left in the dark until I was getting ready to leave school. They will have been inundated with applications so it can take a 'while' to respond - which I know is no help for the nerves! But you will hear back, don't worry. Best of luck; I hope you get what you applied for!
Applied with the masses few days before the deadline of 15th of Jan and I am still waiting. :smile: Hoping for the best and wishing the best to anyone else who's still waiting too.
Aberdeen are notoriously slow and are likely to be even slower this year due to the issues they had with accepting too many students last year. Don't worry guys, no news is good news! It means that they are seriously considering your application rather than they've decided they definitely don't want you :smile:.
Coincidentally three years since this thread was created, and I'm in the same situation. Applied in December and still not heard back for my application to Aberdeen to study Economics & Politics.
Original post by Clansman
Coincidentally three years since this thread was created, and I'm in the same situation. Applied in December and still not heard back for my application to Aberdeen to study Economics & Politics.

I applied for Economics & Politics aswell back in January and haven't heard back either. Really hope to hear back soon :h:
Original post by jufloriane
I applied for Economics & Politics aswell back in January and haven't heard back either. Really hope to hear back soon :h:

I heard back today and got a conditional! Any luck with you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending