The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

I want to check out the Uni.. Where is good to stay for a few nights?

Hi guys.. I'm thinking of applying to Bristol this autumn.. My parents are being really organised and are going to come with me to visit a few university cities so I can make the right decision if I get the offer. Any ideas where we could stay in bristol which is close to the uni?
If you're on a budget, the YHA hostel on the Harbourside is a good shout.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reasonable hotels within walking distance - Premier Inn (Haymarket) and Holiday Inn (both on St James Barton roundabout and within 10 mins walk to Uni) or Travelodge (by Harbourside and also 10 mins walk to Uni - uphill) or Premier Inn (King St) - quieter and in lovely old area but about 20 min walk to Uni.

OR Premier Inn at Cribbs Causeway is quieter (and on the edge of a massive shopping centre/close to Motorways) and a 20 min busride to Uni.

If you are spending ££ then the Marriott or the Radisson Blu are also close enough to walk. Avon Gorge Hotel is old fashioned 5* - big bucks for view of the Suspension Bridge etc.

Dont forget to 'do some things' in Bristol - SS Great Britain is recommended plus @Bristol, the Suspension Bridge/the Zoo and all the restaurants around the Harbour.
Nice walk to top of Brandon Hill for views or around Clifton village for pretty houses/shops.

Enjoy!
Reply 3
Thanks for your help! I like the idea of staying near the Uni in Clifton? I've found this hotel for quite cheap- has anyone heard of it? http://www.cliftonhotels.com/bristol-hotels/washington/

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending