The Student Room Group

I'm a green MP AMA

Hello I am the Rt. Hon. APH MP in the TSR MHoC. And second best TSR newbie :smile:
I'm green and love it:woo:
So currently the Green Party is biggest in TSR and we rule the government.
We are arguably the most Democratic Party as we vote on everything and are a really close knit family.
So AMA it can be about being the the MHoC, being an MP or just what's my favourite type of cheese (Sheep's cheese).
Also if you have any questions for the party or want to get involved you can go here you could even become a MP like me and get a cool badge (read light sabre). So people ask away:party:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Could you sum up the Green policies on secondary education, university education, vocational training, social benefits, national and international security?
Reply 2
Do you agree with the Green's policy on defence?
Reply 3

Do you think you'll continue to support the Green Party when you're an adult and having to see parties like the Greens and Labour so keen to spend your tax money?
Reply 4
Original post by Juichiro
Could you sum up the Green policies on secondary education, university education, vocational training, social benefits, national and international security?

Secondry we would reverse all of gives changes. (Basicly re-introduce jan exams, make AS part of A2), university education should be completely free, vocational education again free for the under 18's and long term unemployed but everyone else has to pay, we belive in a citizens income as not only would it improve social mobility but also give everybody a good quality of life and actually make work pay.
and as for security we are split. We belive in a strong army but also some of us here on TSR Support Trident whilst others don't. We also belive that the army should always be a last resort only after diplomacy has failed.
Reply 5
Original post by Aph
university education should be completely free

How many doctors, nurses, policemen and firemen are you going to fire in order to fund this? :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Reue
Do you think you'll continue to support the Green Party when you're an adult and having to see parties like the Greens and Labour so keen to spend your tax money?

Aye, because their goals and beliefs not just in terms of the environment very much match my own. And I would quite happily pay more tax if it means we get a bigger, better, more efficient public sector.
Reply 7
Original post by Reue
How many doctors, nurses, policemen and firemen are you going to fire in order to fund this? :biggrin:

None, raise taxes.
Reply 8
Original post by Aph
And I would quite happily pay more tax if it means we get a bigger, better, more efficient public sector.

How much more tax? What percentage rate of income tax would you approve of?
Reply 9
Original post by Aph
We belive in a strong army

What level constitutes a strong army. Do you support keeping defense spending at the current rate of GDP?
Reply 10
Original post by SBKA
Do you agree with the Green's policy on defence?

I personally believe we should keep Trident and keep our army at a manageable level. However army cut scene inevitable for even under a Tory government...
Reply 11
Is it true, if you make a member of your party angry they turn into a muscle bound super hero?
I am a labour supporter.

Why shall I vote for the greens?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by SBKA
What level constitutes a strong army. Do you support keeping defense spending at the current rate of GDP?

I would say probably current levels at a minimum but also I am a pacifist so although it's great that they are there I would rather not use them. And yes I would put a stop to defence funding decreases
Original post by Reue
How much more tax? What percentage rate of income tax would you approve of?
i would go up so high as 50% for everything over £25k maybe more if we get a good public sector such as in scandanavian countries.
Reply 14
Original post by Aph
i would go up so high as 50% for everything over £25k maybe more if we get a good public sector such as in scandanavian countries.

At such a high tax rate anyone earning a decent amount is likely to emigrate as we've seen already happen in France.

Greens also support removing the welfare cap. What incentive is there for anyone to work if they're being taxed at 50% and could make more if they went onto welfare?
Reply 15
Original post by A5ko
Is it true, if you make a member of your party angry they turn into a muscle bound super hero?

I can neither confirm or deny that statement:wink:
Original post by missfats
I am a labour supporter.

Why shall I vote for the greens?

Posted from TSR Mobile
quite simply because labour are owned by unions, the Green Party is the most democratic and open party and we belive that everyone should have an equal say in how this country is run. We care about the people not our wallets.
Reply 16
What is your stance on the Monarchy?
Original post by Aph

Do you hate UKIP and why?
Reply 18
Original post by Reue
At such a high tax rate anyone earning a decent amount is likely to emigrate as we've seen already happen in France.

Greens also support removing the welfare cap. What incentive is there for anyone to work if they're being taxed at 50% and could make more if they went onto welfare?

I will try to find the debate for you but France is irrelevant because actually they got €35Bill extra after the tax and very few people left.

by replacing all welfare with a citizens wage we ignore all this bother, people would be better off in work because they wouldn't get paid for not being there like they are currently.
Stagnation and contraction of the economy - why is this a good idea?! As it is most definitely central to the Green Party economic policy.

Quick Reply

Latest