The Student Room Group

Oh my god, look at those grades... They look like my next mistake..

...GCSE's are a game, wanna play?"

I'm aiming to get all C's and above in my GCSEs.

My grades after my mocks where pretty good, all things considered.

So this is going to be my blog which i shall document my progress.. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnightmemories

Good luck hun :hugs:
Keep us updated :h:
Reply 2

Good luck! :hugs:

I may have thought you were slightly older :colondollar:

Why don't you aim for all A*s? Or are you just trying to hide the fact that you are capable of doing much better than that? Then you ace your GCSEs with A*s and we all get surprised because we expected all Cs.

Edit: You said all Cs and above so you are probably aiming for all A*s. Sorry, didn't read carefully.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Raymat
Why don't you aim for all A*s? Or are you just trying to hide that fact that you are capable of doing much better than that? Then you ace your GCSEs with A*s and we all get surprised because we expected all Cs.

Edit: You said all Cs and above so you are probably aiming for all A*s. Sorry, didn't read carefully.

People have different abilities and target grades, just because someone says they don't think they can achieve all A*s doesn't mean they are lying.
Original post by Gingerbread101
Good luck hun :hugs:
Keep us updated :h:

will do <3 thanks for the good luck <3 :hugs:
Original post by Andy98
x

:hugs: thanks for the message <3.. I'm actually one of the oldest in my year... :P

Original post by Raymat
Why don't you aim for all A*s? Or are you just trying to hide that fact that you are capable of doing much better than that? Then you ace your GCSEs with A*s and we all get surprised because we expected all Cs.

I'm aiming for c's. if i get above that then i'll be amazed. :smile:
Reply 6
:hugs: thanks for the message <3.. I'm actually one of the oldest in my year... :P

:colondollar:

Considering I remember you from my early days on TSR I thought you'd be year 12+
Original post by Andy98
:colondollar:

Considering I remember you from my early days on TSR I thought you'd be year 12+

I have a October birthday if it helps... I've been on TSR since i was in Year 10. :smile:
Reply 8
I have a October birthday if it helps... I've been on TSR since i was in Year 10. :smile:

Same here, gahhd I've been here a while. Just realised it's nearly 3 years lol
Right, so to update you all...

it's half term.. WOO! :biggrin:

I have decided that i am going to do a little bit of revision each day - so like one or two pages in my revision guide for maths. I am only going to revise maths and science at this point because they are two subjects that i struggle with and because of that i need to do more work.

In other subjects i have coursework that i need to get done... Luckily i handed in my Food Tech & Child Development coursework yesterday so that i don't have to worry about it over the holidays. I only need to finish up my improvements for my child study now.. (That's not as easy as it sounds.) I need to complete my folders for Textiles. I have decided that i am going to attempt to get everything done in my folders over the course of the week that i can - so when i go back to school i can just make it and evaluate in those two, precious weeks that i have before they're sent off.

So yeah, thats me out. Update done!
x

Good luck! :woo::ahee:
Good Luck :h:
This post is to confirm that Midnightmemories' grades have been verified! :banana::banana2::banana:
Goals for sunday:

Complete year 10 and year 11 folders for textiles.
Do about a hours revision in Maths
Do about a hours revision in English
If you ever need any help in GCSE Maths, feel free to ask me.
Any topic in GCSE MATHS, I'm here to help.
Also, I'm in Year 10 too, I'm assuming so are you, we can work together!
Do you know your exam boards for each subject?
Original post by Chittesh14
If you ever need any help in GCSE Maths, feel free to ask me.
Any topic in GCSE MATHS, I'm here to help.
Also, I'm in Year 10 too, I'm assuming so are you, we can work together!
Do you know your exam boards for each subject?

I'm in year 11 and I'm doing EdExcel Maths. :smile:
update:

haven't really been able to revise due to a injury, but I've been trying my best. :P

Have maths mocks in March... Not looking forward to them at all.
I'm in year 11 and I'm doing EdExcel Maths. :smile:

Linear or modular? Are you doing 2 or 3 exams at the end of year 11? In short, Edexcel A or Edexcel B?
update:

haven't really been able to revise due to a injury, but I've been trying my best. :P

Im not trying to sound mean, but never say you can't revise due to an injury. You can, but inside you're using the injury as an excuse. Never let laziness beat you.
If its a genuine injury, I'm sorry, but this is from experience and I wouldn't want it to happen to you
update:

Don't worry! Get well soon buddy, we are waiting to see you progress and succeed! Don't worry, I have mocks in April too haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply