The Student Room Group
1. Don't use text speak
2. There is a revision timetable generator on BBC Bitesize.
Reply 2
If you cannot find one have a play around on a spreadsheet merging cells and filling in them with colours to make it all pretty aaaww... I remember the days when my time-table was more appealing to look at than my work which is why i dont use them.... it doesn't help me if I plan things.
Reply 3
Choccielatte
1. Don't use text speak
2. There is a revision timetable generator on BBC Bitesize.

dnt mind the txt language, cant help it lol..(only sum words)

and abt the bbc bitesize, its only for gcse so i cant find January ones its only May June July :dontknow:
You can get daily or weekly timetables from www.s-cool.co.uk, but if you want a monthly one, you could always adapt the June one and use that.
I made one for over last xmas using powerpoint. I just drew a loads of boxes for each day for all the weeks in december and january, by having a month's worth on each page. You then hyperlink each box to a separate page that has all the details for that day.
Although it was fun making my own timetable (:biggrin:), I only stuck with it for one day! :rolleyes:
Mustard-man
Although it was fun making my own timetable (:biggrin:), I only stuck with it for one day! :rolleyes:

Yeah i know, that's the only real problem!

For example (hypothetically), according to my timetable i'm supposed to be up by half eight, and be ready to be working by 9 at my desk. I'm then supposed to either make flash cards, or read a certain number of chapters in a revision book for 2 hours (2 hours!!, well, according to the timetable!), and i'm not allowed a break until then. Then I either: get a phone call from a mate to go out and do something fun., OR hear some christmas adverts on TV from in the lounge :biggrin: (These are just two of the many typical distractions when revising over xmas!) Hmmm, what to do? :rolleyes:

But seriously, I'm going to try and stick to it this year :smile:
Mustard-man

:ditto: I love making them, but I can never seem to stick to them for more than a day or possibly 2.
Reply 9
Nathan Ley3
Yeah i know, that's the only real problem!

For example (hypothetically), according to my timetable i'm supposed to be up by half eight, and be ready to be working by 9 at my desk. I'm then supposed to either make flash cards, or read a certain number of chapters in a revision book for 2 hours (2 hours!!, well, according to the timetable!), and i'm not allowed a break until then. Then I either: get a phone call from a mate to go out and do something fun., OR hear some christmas adverts on TV from in the lounge :biggrin: (These are just two of the many typical distractions when revising over xmas!) Hmmm, what to do? :rolleyes:

But seriously, I'm going to try and stick to it this year :smile:

LOOOL man damn you, i have the same problem...if i go down and sit in front of the tv i wont come away from it until i get a call to go out lmao, because after all, xmas time = best movies on hahaha

but i want a printable one...rather than viewing it on pc. I think i need to make it myself :s-smilie:
Reply 10
inspire~
If you cannot find one have a play around on a spreadsheet merging cells and filling in them with colours to make it all pretty aaaww... I remember the days when my time-table was more appealing to look at than my work which is why i dont use them.... it doesn't help me if I plan things.

LOL, i did this once and it was all nice and colourful, contained basically every waking hour so was a bit too complete, printed it and went downstairs to watch a film, i didn't even think it would be that big... came back up and had 20 pages and the printer was out of paper.... turns out there were another 160 or something to go..... so obviously cancelled that.

I tend not to use them really i spend more time making them than i do doing the work, so i just revise whatever and whenever.
Reply 11
Swinely
LOL, i did this once and it was all nice and colourful, contained basically every waking hour so was a bit too complete, printed it and went downstairs to watch a film, i didn't even think it would be that big... came back up and had 20 pages and the printer was out of paper.... turns out there were another 160 or something to go..... so obviously cancelled that.

I tend not to use them really i spend more time making them than i do doing the work, so i just revise whatever and whenever.

loooool, yeah i see what u mean but i need a smiple one telling me what to do coz if ur not organised enough u start doing weird things and start neglecting subjects.
Reply 12
I sort of have a mental timetable in my head, if I try and do one, and stick rigidly to it, it just doesn't work, so I adapt as I go along :smile:
NickiM
I sort of have a mental timetable in my head, if I try and do one, and stick rigidly to it, it just doesn't work, so I adapt as I go along :smile:

Ah that's quite good. Unfortunately I can't do that as I'll probably forget. I made my second timetable as I could not stick to the other one. lol Hopefully this one should work.:smile:
i'm making my official one, for over xmas today! I'm not sure whether or not to make it as inhumane as last time?
Nathan Ley3
i'm making my official one, for over xmas today! I'm not sure whether or not to make it as inhumane as last time?

how "inhumane" was it?:smile:
Madémoisélle Charlotté
how "inhumane" was it?:smile:

lol, it was inhumane in the sense that I planned a certain amount of hours of work per day (every day!), without due consideration of the fact that i have friends, and that i might not wanna be up and ready to work by 9 o clock every day over christmas :biggrin: :frown:

I might try something similar, and try to stick to it this year. But ya never know...
Nathan Ley3
lol, it was inhumane in the sense that I planned a certain amount of hours of work per day (every day!), without due consideration of the fact that i have friends, and that i might not wanna be up and ready to work by 9 o clock every day over christmas :biggrin: :frown:

I might try something similar, and try to stick to it this year. But ya never know...

haha that's a bit like how my first timetable was like. I forgot that I had to go out at least and take a break, go on msn and watch T.V too. But now I've created one that is more realistic and I am more likely to follow it.:smile:
Madémoisélle Charlotté
haha that's a bit like how my first timetable was like. I forgot that I had to go out at least and take a break, go on msn and watch T.V too. But now I've created one that is more realistic and I am more likely to follow it.:smile:

Yeah sometimes we've just gotta realise there are more important things lol Anywho, taking the odd break should help :smile:

Keep me posted as to whether or not you stick to it! :wink:
Nathan Ley3
Yeah sometimes we've just gotta realise there are more important things lol Anywho, taking the odd break should help :smile:

Keep me posted as to whether or not you stick to it! :wink:

haha maybe we should make a thread called "the home timetable failures" But I am going to try though, I know it's easier said than done, but motivation is the key. Also if you stick it up on your wall you tend to feel so guilty when you haven't done what it says you should have been doing.:smile: