The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Thamaya
Hey does anyone know how many weeks tenancy it is for Moonraker Point? I had a look at Urbanest tower Bridge but that was ridiculously expensive and you have to pay 51 weeks!!! I hope it's not the case with Moonraker Point
Posted from TSR Mobile

Uni accommodation is usually on 38/39/40/43/44/51wk contract, King's is around 40-51wk if I remember well. You can get more accurate info if you go and find the accommodation pdf booklet from King's accommodation web.
(edited 9 years ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hello, I recently got an offer for postgraduate study at King's and I'm looking into the closest affordable studio to the waterloo campus. Does anyone know any? I'm considering Moonraker Point, Great Suffolk House, Pure Bankside, Brittania South bank and Orchard Lisle. Are they any good? Urbanest also seems pretty nice but is expensive. It also seems pretty close. What are your thoughts? Thanks
I've got an offer for Adult Nursing and I went to see some accommodation last weekend. I was told Stamford Street Apartments were directly opposite Waterloo campus (which they are) but isn't the Florence Nightengale building relevant to nurses? The building outside Stamford Streets was a different building?
Reply 63
^^ I am an international post grad studying at Waterloo wondering the same questions- any luck on finding any information out? It's so hard to figure it out online!

Thanks.
Reply 64
I am a post graduate international student starting in September. I will be at Waterloo, can anyone tell me what the best options for post graduates are around there? I've heard Moonracker? Thanks!
i got an offer for history, any advise?
Hi, do you know if any catered halls have some kitchen facilities? At least a stove? Or microwaves only?

Would it be very inconvenient to travel from Great Dover street to Strand's?
Original post by juliastark
Hi, do you know if any catered halls have some kitchen facilities? At least a stove? Or microwaves only?

no its not really far, about 30 min walking but really short taking the tube

which sub are you goint to study?
Liberal Arts :smile:

which is better - great dover street or stamford?
Original post by teresa19
no its not really far, about 30 min walking but really short taking the tube

which sub are you goint to study?

I would say for Strand Campus, Stamford Street and Intercollegiate Halls look closest

Stamford is closer but it also has little little little rooms!
dover is not a bad choice at all
Reply 72
Is Julian Markham really that bad or is it just studenty?? Does anyone know what Elephant and Castle is like for students? Also what do people think about Ewen Henderson? Clueless person from the North haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is Stamford really antisocial?
Original post by farmy93
Is Julian Markham really that bad or is it just studenty?? Does anyone know what Elephant and Castle is like for students? Also what do people think about Ewen Henderson? Clueless person from the North haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from the North too! Went down a few weeks ago to see Stamford street, great Dover and Julian Markham. Julian Markham rooms were the nicest and biggest out of all 3 but I didn't like the area at all. That being said, I still put it as my second choice when I applied for accommodation
I'm postgraduate student
Anyone know about Orchard lisle?

Thanks
Reply 76
Is Stamford really antisocial?

From my experience in halls it depends on who you end up rooming with, it's luck more than anything, sometimes you'll room with some quiet people and other times you might end up with party animals
How's the area around Wolfson/great dover street? Quiet/scary at night etc? ^^
Any advice for a med student???please:colondollar:
Law students: which ones are you considering?

Latest