The Student Room Group

What mobile phone do you use?

And if you were to upgrade, what will you get?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Succes et Succes
And if you were to upgrade, what will you get?

The HTC One M7.

I wouldn't. There's nothing compelling at the moment. MWC is around the corner though. In hoping to see a 128GB Windows 10 phone with an awesome camera by Microsoft as a real alternative to the Android and iOS flagship devices. If not, I'll probably end up with a HTC One M9, unforeseen surprises notwithstanding.
Reply 2
Samsung Note 4 is the best mobile phone on the market hands down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
iPhone 5S
Hate iPhones. Need a new phone.. Preferably in the form of HTC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OnePlus One.

If I was going upgrade it would be to the Panasonic DMC-CM1, and it isn't even a straight-up upgrade- it's the same CPU at a lower clock, less RAM, a smaller screen (this one is very much in the eye of the beholder, the OPO is enormous and the absolute upper limit of how large I would go for a phone) and chunkier than everything else on the market. What it does have is an insanely good camera, using the same camera module as several extremely popular enthusiast-level cameras from Sony (RX10/RX100 lines), and full manual controls and RAW capture all as standard in the camera app. Coupled with specs in line with the current/outgoing generation of flagships and a relatively clean version of Android, it's actually enjoyable to use as a phone too. This is arguably the first device to successfully merge a high end smartphone experience and a camera that most photography nerds will be satisfied using as a primary/secondary shooter. I'd take the extra centimetre of bulk for that sort of combination any day.

There's nothing really in the realm of "regular" smartphones that would tempt me from my OPO though, nothing outdoes it by a significant enough degree to tempt me at all right now.
(edited 9 years ago)
I have a Nexus 5.

I also picked up an Amazon Fire Phone for £99 the other week, I have no use for it at the moment but it's useful as a backup.

EDIT: I'd go for an LG G3 if I were to upgrade right now.
(edited 9 years ago)
iPhone 5, and iPhone 6 were I to upgrade now.
I use a Samsung S4 mini. Not sure what I'd want for an upgrade.
OnePlus One for personal use.
Nexus 5 for business.
iPhone 5s

lovelovelove it probably get a 128gb 6 if i were to upgrade now
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 5S.
HTC One M8

and I think it's perfect for me.
Reply 12
Iphone 5s. Not sure what I'd get as an upgrade.
Original post by OU Student
I use a Samsung S4 mini. Not sure what I'd want for an upgrade.
S3 mini here :h: my girlfriend has the same.

I bought it as a bit of a graduation treat for myself a couple of years ago, but now I miss the simpler days of just using a phone for phoning and texting. I don't use any of the other apps on it now, they're pretty pretty boring to be honest. So when my phone snuffs it I'll probably get a generic Nokia, like a 106 or something.
Hey guys,

So I don't really know much about phones, but I've had my HTC One X + for 2 years now and even though it's been running smoothly, with the occasional "sim card" not detected or "no service" sign appearing every now and again, I'm hoping to carry on the with next HTC flagship and I've been trying to get as much information on the new android phones as the MWC is in a couple of weeks and hopefully the new Samsung and HTC (Sony as well?) should be on sale in April.

Like I said, not a big mobile phones guy, but even I'm excited to upgrade and check out the new phones haha.

So my question is, what phone do you plan on going for or do you have any rough idea what appeals to you right now? What phone are you currently using and are you going to continue with the same company or move onto a different one?
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
Hey guys,

So I don't really know much about phones, but I've had my HTC One X + for 2 years now and even though it's been running smoothly, with the occasional "sim card" not detected or "no service" sign appearing every now and again, I'm hoping to carry on the with next HTC flagship and I've been trying to get as much information on the new android phones as the MWC is in a couple of weeks and hopefully the new Samsung and HTC (Sony as well?) should be on sale in April.

Like I said, not a big mobile phones guy, but even I'm excited to upgrade and check out the new phones haha.

So my question is, what phone do you plan on going for or do you have any rough idea what appeals to you right now? What phone are you currently using and are you going to continue with the same company or move onto a different one?

Somebody made a thread asking the exact same questions a few days ago, so I've merged them :h:
Just got my HTC Desire 620 :h:
Ahhh thank's Gofre!
I currently have a S4. I love it. If I were to upgrade I would either go for the S5 or OnePlusOne.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HTC Desire 510.

If i had to upgrade it would be to another htc or an iphone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending