The Student Room Group

Would this be a big deal in a relationship?

I dont like oral sex (im female) neither giving nor recieving. Plus my current boyfriend is much older and gets coldsores on his mouth i.e herpes and i dont want to risk it (but would never say this to him as it would offend him) so im going to say i dont like it. Would this be a big deal for some men in a relationship?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I dont like oral sex (im female) neither giving nor recieving. Plus my current boyfriend is much older and gets coldsores on his mouth i.e herpes and i dont want to risk it (but would never say this to him as it would offend him) so im going to say i dont like it. Would this be a big deal for some men in a relationship?

In all honesty for some it probably is, it's part of that whole "sexual interaction" phase of things. It's not worth the risk in my opinion. If you really like him try and explain the situation to him and see how he reacts.

In fact probably better to explain it to him before it get's awkward/too late.
Here's your first major problem - communication. Your relationship is doomed if you do not resolve that issue first.

I also suffer from cold sores from time to time. When I get one, I do not kiss my wife or go down on her until it is completely healed which is only around 3-4 days anyway (if that).

In answer to your question, you need to tell your bf that you don't like oral and if it is a big deal, then I would think he was quite shallow. My wife told me she doesn't like giving blow jobs and so she doesn't. On the other hand, she doesn't like me going down on her - I, on the otherhand, love doing it and once I start, she doesn't stop me anyway :smile:

Have you actually given head before? Received oral before?
Herpes that affect the lips, eyes and genatalia are different forms. This risk is small. But obviously there is a risk.

If you dont like it, just tell him. Its not the end of the world. If he cant accept it, then either compromise or find someone else.
Believe me, if its done well ,you will like it...i think the issue is the cold sores. You need to talk..

Quick Reply

Latest