The Student Room Group

Three young Muslims gunned down in North Carolina family home

Scroll to see replies

What makes this murder more important and more news worthy that the other 14,000 that happen in the US every year?
Original post by DiddyDec
What makes this murder more important and more news worthy that the other 14,000 that happen in the US every year?

well if you've actually been watching the news, you'd know this story wasn't even in the headlines for most tabloids. we're highlighting the fact that the media don't make it seem important at all, yet if it was a muslim who killed an atheist..
Original post by prettyGirl101
well if you've actually been watching the news, you'd know this story wasn't even in the headlines for most tabloids. we're highlighting the fact that the media don't make it seem important at all, yet if it was a muslim who killed an atheist..

Why is it I can find over 50 different news sources for this story, in fact how did you hear about the story if not from the media?

The media has been non stop in reporting on the case.

Just look at all of these and the rest.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=chapel+hill&tbm=nws

To say it has been under reported is a lie and you know it.

Did you hear about this case?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/02/17/man-stabs-two-at-a-bus-stop-after-asking-them-if-theyre-muslim/

It didn't even grace the pages of the BBC website. Yet the Chapel Hill shooting have been all over it. In fact there has been very little coverage compared to the Chapel Hill shooting.
compare the whole french jesuischarlie thing to this. the coverage this got is NOTHING compared to that. aren't we all flesh and blood? why are certain groups in society favoured over others?
Why is it I can find over 50 different news sources for this story, in fact how did you hear about the story if not from the media?

The media has been non stop in reporting on the case.

Just look at all of these and the rest.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=chapel+hill&tbm=nws

To say it has been under reported is a lie and you know it.

Did you hear about this case?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/02/17/man-stabs-two-at-a-bus-stop-after-asking-them-if-theyre-muslim/

It didn't even grace the pages of the BBC website. Yet the Chapel Hill shooting have been all over it. In fact there has been very little coverage compared to the Chapel Hill shooting.
Original post by prettyGirl101
compare the whole french jesuischarlie thing to this. the coverage this got is NOTHING compared to that. aren't we all flesh and blood? why are certain groups in society favoured over others?

They are incomparable.

You cannot compare multiple terrorist attacks taking the lives of 17 people. Which happened in a neighboring country. Not only that but these terrorists attacked something we in the west hold very dear to us and that is freedom of expression. Which is one of the foundations to our entire society.

The other is what seems to be a parking dispute that got way out of hand and 3 people died. This happened in a country which is across an ocean from us. It does not affect us in the UK what so ever.

If you honestly think that the two cases are even vaguely comparable then you clearly don't understand what happened in Paris and its impact on our society.

Now why it as soon as I found a case which is actually comparable you shy away from it? In fact you have completely ignored it because it does not suit you agenda.

If you are not willing to have a sensible conversation I will leave it there.
RIP to those people being killed just for their faith, was it a" reprisal attack"? like some muslims say when the west invade their lands they will fight back? so he felt like he had to target any muslims? Much like when islamic terrorists target western people just for being non muslim. I'm not making much sense, but this guy is an idiot I hope he gets a long sentence he's a scumbag for taking innocent life away.
Reply 226
Original post by vickidc18
RIP to those people being killed just for their faith, was it a" reprisal attack"? like some muslims say when the west invade their lands they will fight back? so he felt like he had to target any muslims? Much like when islamic terrorists target western people just for being non muslim. I'm not making much sense, but this guy is an idiot I hope he gets a long sentence he's a scumbag for taking innocent life away.

How do you know they were killed for being muslim?

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you talking about a different case?

It's just this one the OP talks about was over a parking issue so not sure which 3 people you are talking about
Original post by Tawheed
He killed three muslims, and has been known to hate all religions, and is an atheist. Do you genuinely believe, if i may ask, the terrorist acts of murder were done coincidentally, randomly, or were they a specific planned attack on muslims?

In what way.

Guy hates all religions and most radical athiests do not support the killing of people. It just happened to be that those people are Muslim. It's not as if he killed some random people either or shouted anything that's islamophobic.

If it was the case that he frequently was dissing Islam specifically then went on a spree killing them then yes. As far as I'm concerned, the killing was not racially motivated with the evidence of so far, unless the police have interrogated him and determined that he has very islamophobic views.

A bunch of facebook posts where lets be honest he was telling the truth about religions doesn't mean that he's likely to kill Muslims. Still this is 'Murica so it wouldn't surprise me.

They are incomparable.

You cannot compare multiple terrorist attacks taking the lives of 17 people. Which happened in a neighboring country. Not only that but these terrorists attacked something we in the west hold very dear to us and that is freedom of expression. Which is one of the foundations to our entire society.

The other is what seems to be a parking dispute that got way out of hand and 3 people died. This happened in a country which is across an ocean from us. It does not affect us in the UK what so ever.

If you honestly think that the two cases are even vaguely comparable then you clearly don't understand what happened in Paris and its impact on our society.

Now why it as soon as I found a case which is actually comparable you shy away from it? In fact you have completely ignored it because it does not suit you agenda.

If you are not willing to have a sensible conversation I will leave it there.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Lefties and Muslims be complaining but this simply was a parking dispute that got out of hand, the guy being a radical athiest leads for some to say he may have been Islamophobic which is a tad unfair, but to say that this was a racially/religiously motivated killing is ridiculous when we do not have all the evidence.

This is seen as a typical attack that you see a lot in America, not all white on [insert alternate colour] killings are racially/religiously motivated and vice versa.
(edited 9 years ago)

It was a dispute over parking spaces. They kept parking in his place.
Original post by Skip_Snip
Let's see an example of them "telling people to kill muslims ?

You haven't seen this?

Original post by Concious
You haven't seen this?

a) I think everyone would agree she's a nutter
b) She wasn't even suggesting normal muslims be killed, just extremists
c) One example!
It was a dispute over parking spaces. They kept parking in his place.

No doubt about that, although his hatred towards religion may have played a part in aggravating his anger towards them, I just can't accept the execution style murder inside their home as a heat of the moment type thing. But still, it's absurd to say he killed them because they were muslims.
Reply 233
Original post by Reluire
Rest of article can be found here.

Very sad news obviously. Interesting to see people comparing this to the Charlie Hebdo shootings though. What do you guys think?

Imagine if it was a Muslim killing 3 innocent people the world would go crazy CNN and Fox News will broadcast that news over a week and it would be headlines on every newspaper
but sadly the 3 innocent souls were Muslims and were murdered by a "terrorist"
yes a terrorist, no excuse can justify his actions just because he's "white" does not mean he's immune to be titled as a terrorist
it was a straight up hate crime
Original post by Shmesa
Imagine if it was a Muslim killing 3 innocent people the world would go crazy CNN and Fox News will broadcast that news over a week and it would be headlines on every newspaper
yes a terrorist, no excuse can justify his actions just because he's "white" does not mean he's immune to be titled as a terrorist

Go and look up the definition for terrorist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shmesa

So what political ideal was he trying to enforce through his actions?

It wasn't terrorism at all, it was the end of a long running disagreement - they kept stealing his parking space.
Reply 236
It's funny how many muslims are trying to get a 1-up on atheism over what this guy did. Too bad we don't have a Sahih Al-Bukhari (9:57) eh?
Reply 237
So what political ideal was he trying to enforce through his actions?

It wasn't terrorism at all, it was the end of a long running disagreement - they kept stealing his parking space.

so you kill people over parking spaces?
Doesnt sound valid to me
Reply 238
was the perpetrator retarded?
Original post by Shmesa
so you kill people over parking spaces?
Doesnt sound valid to me

Of course it's not valid, but it's also not terrorism.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending