The Student Room Group

When will mothers realise that breastfeeding is barbaric?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Colonel Agansu
We are in the year 2015 so I do not understand why the Human race still chooses to particpate in this animalistic and demeaning ritual and subjecting both children and new mothers undue stress.

Do you think we'll ever completely abandon breastfeeding for Formula? Those that tout that breastfeeding helps reinforce mother-newborn bond at that early stage are overreaching as I have never been breastfed yet I have a great relationship with my mother.

There's also something misandrist about the whole thing (or misogynitic) depends on how you look at it on one-hand a woman may be pressured by the father, in-laws or her own mum to breastfeed when she doesn't want to and on the other hand overbearing new mothers may steal precious bonding time from the father who could've done the same job with a warm bottle.

Either way I think society should turn it's back on this barbaric feeding ritual because it has no place in our future.

What do you think? I'll put up a poll.

Are you serious? Do you know anything about science?
Reply 41
I'm still confused as to why animalistic would not be good. We are animals. Highly destructive animals, but animals nonetheless.

As to breastfeeding being misandrist, dads are welcome to experiment with male lactation, and there is certainly plenty of time for kids to bond when not nursing. My kids never had a bottle, breastfed for 5 years apiece, and have a strong bond with their very involved father.

Wondering if the OP has ever observed a breastfeeding family and how it functions?
It's what they are made for :erm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending