The Student Room Group

HIS3N - Aspects of International Relations

Hi,

I am preparing for the HIS3N AQA paper for this year and was hoping for some help. I am currently on the post cold war chapter (1991-2004) and have come across two tables in the book that lists 29 or so UN interventions pre and post Cold War. Are we required to know all 29? The book only goes into detail for only 8 post Cold War interventions and doesn't discuss the rest.

I would be grateful if someone could respond as soon as possible and advise me.

Thanks in advance
Original post by David02
Hi,

I am preparing for the HIS3N AQA paper for this year and was hoping for some help. I am currently on the post cold war chapter (1991-2004) and have come across two tables in the book that lists 29 or so UN interventions pre and post Cold War. Are we required to know all 29? The book only goes into detail for only 8 post Cold War interventions and doesn't discuss the rest.

I would be grateful if someone could respond as soon as possible and advise me.

Thanks in advance

I just saw this now when I was looking for revision help on TSR. I would just focus on the detailed examples e.g. Cambodia etc because they are good examples of different ways the UN has helped or not helped. I am not learning all 29 interventions. Focus on whether the UN was helpful or not. You've probably already found an answer to this question by now but hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 2
I agree with what has been said.
You don't need to know all the UN interventions, just know of a couple but in detail.
Predictions this year suggest that a question on the UN or EU won't come up. But what will come up is the USA's actions in the post-cold war era.
It will be good if you are able to compare the USA's intervention effectiveness with the UN's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending