The Student Room Group

Grad Job Salary

I've recently been offered an ACA trainee position in a mid tier accounting firm (top 20) outside London. I've been offered £21.5k per annum.

I'm struggling to find any comparative salaries, so my question is, what is typical for the Big 4 and for a mid tier firm like mine?

Thanks.
Reply 1
That's very similar to big 4 in Birmingham
Original post by Kre
I've recently been offered an ACA trainee position in a mid tier accounting firm (top 20) outside London. I've been offered £21.5k per annum.

I'm struggling to find any comparative salaries, so my question is, what is typical for the Big 4 and for a mid tier firm like mine?

Thanks.

Depends where you are outside London but £20-25k is typical. As a general rule the further north you get the closer you are to the bottom of that range
I know that Big Four in London start on around £28K as ACA trainees in audit
Original post by Kre

Thanks.

That's not bad for a regional salary.
Practice tends to be less in salary than industry, so can't really make that comparison... But 21k is good for a starting salary in practice outside London
Big 4 firm in Southampton is offering £24,000 for September 2015 start. I was pleasantly surprised!
Original post by chester.
Big 4 firm in Southampton is offering £24,000 for September 2015 start. I was pleasantly surprised!

I think we might be working together come September! Are you in Audit?
Original post by NaUmarly
I think we might be working together come September! Are you in Audit?

Yep, Audit. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending