The Student Room Group

is it possible for a man to get raped?

Scroll to see replies

Yep. I never leave the house without one of those spiky rape-preventers up my arse these days.
Reply 41
It happens more often than you think. Men can be drugged and they wake up tied and helpless, and get penetrated by strap-ons and other toys viciously. Of course you get tears and internal bleeding, but they wouldn't be the biggest problems he'd be going through at the time or for a long period thereafter.
Original post by janet9
It happens more often than you think. Men can be drugged and they wake up tied and helpless, and get penetrated by strap-ons and other toys viciously. Of course you get tears and internal bleeding, but they wouldn't be the biggest problems he'd be going through at the time or for a long period thereafter.

Voice of experience?

Dont act like this is common lol, maybe in your house it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Imagine if the guy is 16/17 (still a kid) In some cases they won't have fully developed muscles yet. An older woman could easily overpower him, if that is not classed as rape then it should be, I hope that the law is harsh on a woman as it is on a man regardless of what it is called!
Original post by mhunt97
Imagine if the guy is 16/17 (still a kid) In some cases they won't have fully developed muscles yet. An older woman could easily overpower him, if that is not classed as rape then it should be, I hope that the law is harsh on a woman as it is on a man regardless of what it is called!

Look its not likely to happen all those female teacher sex stories have been with willing teens

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well apparently the word 'rape' doesnt suit on female however it is always claimed as sexual harassment when done by female which ofcourse is a guilt in the eyes of law .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well under Scots law women can't rape men.
People, just because the wording of a law written a very long time ago uses the word "penis" in it's definition of rape does not mean a woman cannot rape a man. As most will agree the law is outdated and in dire need of change.

While it may be true that in the U.K a Woman cannot legally rape a man it does not mean that a woman cannot rape a man when we use the widely accepted definition of rape, not the legal definition.
Yes.
Original post by Blue_Mason
In what situation would that be possible?

While I know it's not a pleasant thought, does it really take much imagination? :erm:
Original post by Rugar Rell
If a reasonably good looking woman raped me I would be honred and thankful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then it isn't rape, is it. Because you're consenting?
Original post by Mad Vlad
While I know it's not a pleasant thought, does it really take much imagination? :erm:

Because the chances of it happening in a free civilised enviroment is naught.
Original post by AdamCee
Then it isn't rape, is it. Because you're consenting?

Not really if I was walking n a woman tied me up n gagged me I wouldnt be able to consent I probs wouldnt enjoy being tied up and gaged but I would feel special she chose me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spetznaaz
People, just because the wording of a law written a very long time ago uses the word "penis" in it's definition of rape does not mean a woman cannot rape a man. As most will agree the law is outdated and in dire need of change.

While it may be true that in the U.K a Woman cannot legally rape a man it does not mean that a woman cannot rape a man when we use the widely accepted definition of rape, not the legal definition.

Not to be a pedant, but I think your point goes to show that they can legally rape a man...

(^joking)

However, the law as it stands was not written a very long time ago, unless you class 2003 as a very long time ago.

Original post by Princepieman
Pretty sure if a girl strapped you up, wore a dildo and began exploring your anus - it would be classed as rape.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be assault by penetration.

Original post by Rainbow Student
Apparently the UK law changed that and now women can be rapists too. I've heard that women in the UK have been sent down for rape but I'm not 100% sure.

Which I think is right to be fair. Forcing someone to have sex with you is rape IMO.

The law hasn't changed and women cannot commit the offence of rape per se. However, they can be sentenced in connection with assisting someone else in committing rape, which is probably what happened in the cases you heard about (assuming they happened in the UK).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by Rugar Rell
Look its not likely to happen all those female teacher sex stories have been with willing teens

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not likely to happen, maybe. But that does not make it impossible as is can and has happened in the past.
Yes, it is possible but, as everyone has said it would only be male on male that would be rape
Original post by TurboCretin
Not to be a pedant, but I think your point goes to show that they can legally rape a man...

(^joking)

However, the law as it stands was not written a very long time ago, unless you class 2003 as a very long time ago.

Hmm are you sure?

I thought the original Sexual offences Act (1976) had the same wording but they updated the act in 2003 still using that wording though "with his penis".
Hmm are you sure?

I thought the original Sexual offences Act (1976) had the same wording but they updated the act in 2003 still using that wording though "with his penis".

Well regardless, it isn't an old law. If the current piece of legislation on rape was enacted in 1936 I would agree with you, but the fact that the 2003 Act was passed with the wording it was shows that the legislature was very much of the mind that the status quo was still appropriate for the present day.
Original post by TurboCretin
Well regardless, it isn't an old law. If the current piece of legislation on rape was enacted in 1936 I would agree with you, but the fact that the 2003 Act was passed with the wording it was shows that the legislature was very much of the mind that the status quo was still appropriate for the present day.

So your saying that because they didn't change the wording on the definition of rape, one that was created like 46 years ago, but they updated an act, it must mean the definition is sound?

I can see why your logic would point to that but i disagree, the wording is wrong and out dated.
So your saying that because they didn't change the wording on the definition of rape, one that was created like 46 years ago, but they updated an act, it must mean the definition is sound?

I can see why your logic would point to that but i disagree, the wording is wrong and out dated.

I very much agree the wording is wrong and outdated, and that it (presumably, I don't know) heralds from a bygone era. We don't disagree on the substance - all I'm saying is that the law itself isn't an old one, as it reflects the legislature's view in 2003.

I'd be interested to find out if the Law Commission has made proposals to change the definition of rape in this respect. The law differs from people's common understanding of what rape is, and most people don't even know it.

Quick Reply

Latest