The Student Room Group

Bradford/Huddersfield Pharmacy interview 2015

Just thought I'd create a form to help those with any questions about the interview as I've just had mine and got an offer 😜
Reply 1
Hi, how did the whole day go at huddersfield? Also what was the group interview like, what questions were asked? What was the test like and what questions were asked? Also how was the 1 to 1 interview and what questions were asked? Thanks. Just want to get as much informations as I can :smile:
Reply 2
There was only a one to one interview and pharmacycurrent topics I.e.antibiotic resistance came up current grades there was no test just a sheet asking what do you think society expects of a pharmacist what do you hope to achieve as a pharmacist and of you've done any work placements they'll ask you about that a lot of it is based on your personal statement hope that helped☺btw I thought mine went really bad as my AS grades weren't up to scratch and she kept asking about that but I got the offer in the end!!Alhamdulillah so don't stress
Reply 3
Original post by ASresit
There was only a one to one interview and pharmacycurrent topics I.e.antibiotic resistance came up current grades there was no test just a sheet asking what do you think society expects of a pharmacist what do you hope to achieve as a pharmacist and of you've done any work placements they'll ask you about that a lot of it is based on your personal statement hope that helped☺btw I thought mine went really bad as my AS grades weren't up to scratch and she kept asking about that but I got the offer in the end!!Alhamdulillah so don't stress

Thanks, how did the 1 on 1 interview go? What was asked? Also what other topics came up other than antibiotic resistance? Jazakallah:smile:
Reply 4
In the 1:1 we talked about
-grades how to get them
-topic in Chemistry related to pharmacy you( choose)
-why I want to do pharmacy
And the rest of it as I mentioned was personal statement based so will vary from person to person also at the end make sure you have a question prepared I didn't & stuttered but she encouraged me through it said it was"my time to shine" otherwise I just got asked general kinda random questions like what form of transport will I take don't let nerves get the beat of you I hope this answered your question I.A you'll be fine ߘʀ
Reply 5
Original post by ASresit
In the 1:1 we talked about
-grades how to get them
-topic in Chemistry related to pharmacy you( choose)
-why I want to do pharmacy
And the rest of it as I mentioned was personal statement based so will vary from person to person also at the end make sure you have a question prepared I didn't & stuttered but she encouraged me through it said it was"my time to shine" otherwise I just got asked general kinda random questions like what form of transport will I take don't let nerves get the beat of you I hope this answered your question I.A you'll be fine ߘʀ

Thanks a lot! Can I ask what college you go to? jazakallah :smile:
I had my huddersfield interviewand got an offer and now i have bradford next week.
Did you have it??
Reply 7
Yeah I had the Bradford interview too and got an offer surprisingly Bradford was more knowledge based questions they went into more depth than Huddersfield,students there kept telling me I showed up so I have the place at Bradford they asked
-3 ways of administrating drugs and examples of each
-topics from A-levels that relates to pharmacy
-why I want to be a pharmacist
-what did you do at work placements
Everyone says Bradford is more chilled out so I was less nervous even though the questions were more in depth style ones it was an interview with one member of staff and one student of pharmacy + you hope it goes well for you! :smile:
Original post by ASresit
Yeah I had the Bradford interview too and got an offer surprisingly Bradford was more knowledge based questions they went into more depth than Huddersfield,students there kept telling me I showed up so I have the place at Bradford they asked
-3 ways of administrating drugs and examples of each
-topics from A-levels that relates to pharmacy
-why I want to be a pharmacist
-what did you do at work placements
Everyone says Bradford is more chilled out so I was less nervous even though the questions were more in depth style ones it was an interview with one member of staff and one student of pharmacy + you hope it goes well for you! :smile:

wow thank you soooooo much!!i found Huddersfield interview really easy because all they asked me was about my hobbies and my grades and only on easy pharmacy related question. so bradford seems harder.
was it only the 2-1 interview? did it have a test tho?
Reply 9
Nope no test :smile:
Reply 10
For the interview in Bradford, do we need to prepare a self introduction? or we will be asked about some pharmacy related questions at the very beginning? How long will the interview take?
Reply 11
You get given an activity a leaflet to read and get set in groups you then answer questions but its not a test answer as a group and they don't know who's who then get taken to the interview and they ask you there why do you want to do pharmacy so no you don't introduce yourself as such you just answer the questions and its around 8-15min long
Reply 12
Original post by ASresit
You get given an activity a leaflet to read and get set in groups you then answer questions but its not a test answer as a group and they don't know who's who then get taken to the interview and they ask you there why do you want to do pharmacy so no you don't introduce yourself as such you just answer the questions and its around 8-15min long

Thank you!:smile:
has anyone got an offer??
Reply 14
Did you prefer Bradfors or Huddersfield?
Reply 15
Interview wise Bradford I was a lot less nervous for so went easier however they did ask more knowledge based questions and kind of eased you through the process and generally Bradford has a more alive vibe probably due to the large amount of Asian community there
Reply 16
Yeah I had my interview at Bradford in December and it went really well and I got an offer:smile: I'm just hoping Huddersfield is similar in terms of being formal if you know what I mean? Yeah I'm from Huddersfield but I moved away so I'm stuck between the two haha. Where else did you apply?
Reply 17
Car sharing from sheffield to university of bradford/pharmacy 2015

I was wondering if anyone here wants to commute from sheffield to university of bradford. I really like to go to bradford but I'm thinking about travelling every single day. It's tiring. I live in chapeltown which is close to M1 though. I'm not sure whether I should choose bradford or huddersfield Because travelling to hudds is more convenient.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending