The Student Room Group

Single to Joint Honours

I have applied to do a single honours degree in history and have received all my offers however i was wondering if anyone knows if i could change to a history joint honours degree either now or when i get to uni?? any help would be appreciated
Original post by caitmaynashx
I have applied to do a single honours degree in history and have received all my offers however i was wondering if anyone knows if i could change to a history joint honours degree either now or when i get to uni?? any help would be appreciated

Contact them and ask now. It's unlikely to be a problem, but one potential issue is a maximum limit on students on your 'other' course. If you wait until you get there, others might have taken those places.

FWIW my nephew applied to History, changed to History & Philosophy prior to his first year, and switched to single honours Philosophy from his second year.
Original post by caitmaynashx

email admissions and ask if you can switch, it depends on whether they have filled up the joint honours course or not
Original post by ageshallnot
Contact them and ask now. It's unlikely to be a problem, but one potential issue is a maximum limit on students on your 'other' course. If you wait until you get there, others might have taken those places.

FWIW my nephew applied to History, changed to History & Philosophy prior to his first year, and switched to single honours Philosophy from his second year.

hey do you know if its possible to switch the other way round? so first year single honours and adding a joint in second year.
someone please help me!
Original post by Girlgogogo
hey do you know if its possible to switch the other way round? so first year single honours and adding a joint in second year.
someone please help me!

Possibly but it's up to your uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending