The Student Room Group

Teens who went 'hunting for black people' and killed black man are sent t

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by queen-bee
Double standards,that's why

It's true but you can't exactly blame the white race (as the tone in the twitter post mentioned suggests) , blame the media.
Yes exactly

In that case what happened to the black man when he crossed the road?
Cause white people don't pose a threat to society lol

Exactly lol. They're so nice.
Joking apart, this makes me very sad. The man they killed could have been my brother.
Original post by jedanselemyia
I love how the Black Panthers were crushed and are dead whilst the KKK are thriving and ****!
What the ****?

I wouldn't exactly say that the KKK are thriving but there definitely alive alright :confused:
Original post by TheGhostz
In that case what happened to the black man when he crossed the road?

He unfortunately died trying to grab the KFC buck on the road.

Spoiler

Original post by Black Cat
I wouldn't exactly say that the KKK are thriving but there definitely alive alright :confused:

Sorry, the word is a bit extreme I agree.
It's just the fact that they are even allowed to exist, considering their history and views. It's disgusting. :frown:
I hate those binaries!! Black/white, men/women, Muslim/non-Muslims...That's always the issue I have with the way we tackle social problems. Those are human rights issues and we should condemn such violence because it's a crime against a human being, whatever the race, gender, religion...and the people who commit such crimes should not be associated with the group that they "supposedly" belong to! (Whether Black, White, Muslim...).
On the one hand, whenever a black person or Muslim, commits a crime we immediately link this to their race/religion. On the other hand, lobby groups (special interest groups) should be more inclusive: they should quit painting white people (men mostly) as privileged monsters who want to oppress everybody. Why can't we just judge or advocate for people regardless of the above factors?
Reply 27
I love how the Black Panthers were crushed and are dead whilst the KKK are thriving and ****!
What the ****?

Thriving? They have a few thousand members. They had over 2 000 000 not long ago
Reply 28
http://dailym.ai/16SW***

are sent to prison..

After seeing this being posted on Twitter,I couldn't believe it just after reading about the muslim students who were killed in North Carolina. So somebody on Twitter put up some common excuses that generally apply when a white person does this sort of thing apparent,read below:

- White terrorists are part of a “fringe.” Other terrorists are apparently mainstream.

- White terrorists are “troubled loners.”

- White terrorists are random events, like tornadoes. Other terrorists are long-running conspiracies.

- Nobody thinks white terrorists are typical of white people. But other terrorists are considered paragons of their societies

- White terrorists are alcoholics, addicts or mentally ill. Other terrorists are apparently clean-living and perfectly sane.

- White terrorists are called “gunmen.” What does that even mean? A person with a gun? Wouldn’t that be, like, everyone in the US?

before anybody calls me a racist,I am part 'white' myself.

If you kill someone for a political purpose, in which their death acts as a form of threat or deterrent to others but NOTE not to achieve the sole goal of their death, you are a terrorist.

If you kill someone because they are a poser and they are the type of person who bullied you into emoism, you are not a terrorist
Not impressed angelo :tongue:

I'm sorry :bawling:
Original post by Borgia
Thriving? They have a few thousand members. They had over 2 000 000 not long ago

I already excused myself over the use of the term "thriving".
The point is that they're still active whereas the Black Panthers are pretty much over. I don't think it's fair considering what the KKK did.
Reply 31
I already excused myself over the use of the term "thriving".
The point is that they're still active whereas the Black Panthers are pretty much over. I don't think it's fair considering what the KKK did.

The black panthers have been replaced by worse groups like TNBPP
Reply 32
Somebody post the article for the story.
Original post by Borgia
The black panthers have been replaced by worse groups like TNBPP

Well ancient members of the Black Panthers clearly stated that the so-called new Black Panther Party does not represent them in any way. The NBPP is a black supremacist party, aka blacks > everything, whilst the Black Panther was clearly anti racist, towards all communities.
Double standards, it exists everywhere in the world. We've been forced upon a "us" and "them" mentality on ourselves.

We only care for those who we are told are like us or the "good guys" by the media. A British person I noticed cared more about the Charlie Hebdo shooting, than the Peshawar massacre of school children. Why? Because whites are for some reason more valuable. It's the same in Pakistan, people cared more for the Peshawar shooting than the Charlie Hebdo attack.

Another is the Boko Haram massacre, nobody seemed gave a ****.

Our media dictates who we care more about, unfortunately people like Murdoch are powerful in world media and are able to dictate this.
Original post by Decorpi12
I hate those binaries!! Black/white, men/women, Muslim/non-Muslims...That's always the issue I have with the way we tackle social problems. Those are human rights issues and we should condemn such violence because it's a crime against a human being, whatever the race, gender, religion...and the people who commit such crimes should not be associated with the group that they "supposedly" belong to! (Whether Black, White, Muslim...).
On the one hand, whenever a black person or Muslim, commits a crime we immediately link this to their race/religion. On the other hand, lobby groups (special interest groups) should be more inclusive: they should quit painting white people (men mostly) as privileged monsters who want to oppress everybody. Why can't we just judge or advocate for people regardless of the above factors?

Two of the 3 things you mentioned are not considered to be binaries by most.
Original post by Atreus
Link doesn't seem to be working OP ?

It's really sad but I think humans are ultimately a flawed species and to put such dangerous weapons in the hands of them so freely is stupid in itself.

Original post by TheGhostz
Your link doesn't work for me, are we talking about the same news?

I'm talking about the one that took place in Mississippi, are you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2948853/Jail-three-racist-white-teens-drove-Jackson-specifically-beat-run-black-man-truck.html
And white people claim racism is over lol.
One of the guys who run him over looks like a crazy fool anyway.
'Victims were chosen because they thought they would not tell police, authorities said with the harassment beginning in April 2011, culminating in the death of Mr Anderson.'

Not about race then.

Quick Reply