The Student Room Group

Is there such thing as an alpha female???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SmashConcept
x

This is gonna come across as harsh, but I don't care; I'm really running out of patience with this ****.

The concepts of "alpha" and "beta" are social constructs. They do not exist. "Alphas lift, betas pussy-worship". No. Both are capable of either. Society needs to stop trying to push people into boxes they do not belong to, and this alpha/beta **** has gone on for too long and is only held to by idiots who think that being alpha/beta makes them a better person. Newsflash: it doesn't. Being a good person makes you a good person, predilection for bull**** doesn't.

If you let on to this chick that you care so much about conforming to social constructs that you've let your world view become warped by them, then she'll lose interest in you before you've had a crack at her crack. If she takes superficial comfort "knowing" that she is an alpha and is therefore better than other people, then she's not worth the time of day.

Seriously, this world is going to ****. Ask your great-grandfather whether he was an alpha or a beta when he was your age, and he'll probably look at you as if you're insane before replying "when I was your age I was knee-deep in mud trying not to get shot by Germans." What should you take from that response? That there are far more important things in life to worry about than whether someone is Alpha or Beta.

I bet this **** started on the Misc, that place is overtaking /b/ as the cancer of the Internet.
Well thanks to TSR I now understand that alpha and beta males are definitely a thing

...aaaand this is why the majority of the males on TSR are virgins :wink: You stop classifying people when you grow up.
Original post by Drunk Punx
This is gonna come across as harsh, but I don't care; I'm really running out of patience with this ****.

The concepts of "alpha" and "beta" are social constructs. They do not exist. "Alphas lift, betas pussy-worship". No. Both are capable of either. Society needs to stop trying to push people into boxes they do not belong to, and this alpha/beta **** has gone on for too long and is only held to by idiots who think that being alpha/beta makes them a better person. Newsflash: it doesn't. Being a good person makes you a good person, predilection for bull**** doesn't.

If you let on to this chick that you care so much about conforming to social constructs that you've let your world view become warped by them, then she'll lose interest in you before you've had a crack at her crack. If she takes superficial comfort "knowing" that she is an alpha and is therefore better than other people, then she's not worth the time of day.

Seriously, this world is going to ****. Ask your great-grandfather whether he was an alpha or a beta when he was your age, and he'll probably look at you as if you're insane before replying "when I was your age I was knee-deep in mud trying not to get shot by Germans." What should you take from that response? That there are far more important things in life to worry about than whether someone is Alpha or Beta.

I bet this **** started on the Misc, that place is overtaking /b/ as the cancer of the Internet.

Well said.

It's the product of the internet age. People are living in virtual worlds of nonsense theories instead of experiencing real life with real people. These people would never say the drivel they do online and that's because they know it's drivel but they find comfort and solace behind their computer in online communities where they can all pat each other on the back for their mutual drivel, instead of facing real life, which is much more challenging but therefore much more rewarding.
Reply 43
Well thanks to TSR I now understand that alpha and beta males are definitely a thing, but I want to know about females because I think there's one at my gym. She is the tallest, has the shiniest hair and today when I was watching the girls doing some stupid skipping thing while all the normal people lift weights she was the last one to trip on her skipping rope. The other day she smiled at me but I wasn't expecting it so I didn't say anything (BUT THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT ME).

So anyway yes my question is are alpha females real and if so how to they usually like to be surprised by people they've never spoken to on valentines day?

There is no such thing as anything darling, you can go and make up any concept/idea you like and take it on. Enjoy...
Original post by Blind Ferret
Yep, she's called Ronda Rousey.

Exactly. You can't spell Ronda Rousey without arouse. :wink:
Original post by WoodyMKC
WTF did I just read...

So you like the alpha female types eh :wink:
Original post by IanDangerously
Exactly. You can't spell Ronda Rousey without arouse. :wink:

Exactly. There's just something about a woman that could leather 50 shades of claret out of me, I find a little sexy.
Reply 47
The misogyny in this post is reeeeal.
Reply 48
Original post by Icebaker
Roll out the red carpet for her, sprinkle some confetti in her direction and serenade her with a live band/orchestra/symphony and she might say hi back. Sadly, this is what society has conditioned women to expect, this is how they demand to be treated. They think they're all queens and princesses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, I really don't think that this is the problem.

I think the real problem is that you're a bitter, typical TSR virgin who can't find any woman to have sex with him so he takes out all his anger and sexual frustration on women as a whole. You do not have the automatic right to a relationship or sex. Women do not owe you an automatic right to pay you some attention. If you didn't act so bitter then I bet you'll find a lot more women will talk to you. If anyone is acting the damn princess it's you honey.

I am a woman. Society has conditioned me to get an education, work my ass off and get a job. I'm not a 'princess' and I certainly don't want to be treated like one. It's embarrassing. I make my own damn way in life, like pretty much every woman ever. Society hasn't conditioned me to take from people and expect men to drop at my feet. I mean, can you even hear yourself right now? You're talking absolute smack. My boyfriend has barely spent a damn penny on me and we couldn't have a more happier, fulfilling relationship.

Expect to be a virgin for a looong time until you learn how to respect and talk to women as individuals. Until you stop grouping us, stereotyping, discriminating, and embarrassing yourself, you'll remain a very lonely man. No woman in her right damn mind would go in a five mile radius of you.

And now, I'm literally logging off TSR forever. Thank you for giving me that push, I really needed it. I cannot go another day and read any more cringey, embarrassing, misogynistic crap. I don't even want to share the same forum as men like you, who believe you have the right to a relationship and/or sex. Boohoo, you're a virgin. Can't find a girlfriend. Can't even get a woman to talk to you. DO YOU NOT WONDER WHY?! You sound like a frickin psycho! Anyway, have fun living on TSR, remaining girlfriendless, and sitting there getting riled up and angry about women when it's only you that you're actually mad at. Feel free, along with anyone else, to hurl some typical TSR virgin misogynistic abuse at me now. Go for it. I won't see it. I'm off to **** my boyfriend's (who respects women) brains out and I'm going to get him to *** all over my face and I'm going to love every second of it. And when that *** is splattering all over my face, I'm going to think of you, and think how sad you'll never get to experience anything like this. Bye. *Drop the mic*.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ahava
Nah, I really don't think that this is the problem.

I think the real problem is that you're a bitter, typical TSR virgin who can't find any woman to have sex with him so he takes out all his anger and sexual frustration on women as a whole. You do not have the automatic right to a relationship or sex. Women do not owe you an automatic right to pay you some attention. If you didn't act so bitter then I bet you'll find a lot more women will talk to you. If anyone is acting the damn princess it's you honey.

I am a woman. Society has conditioned me to get an education, work my ass off and get a job. I'm not a 'princess' and I certainly don't want to be treated like one. It's embarrassing. I make my own damn way in life, like pretty much every woman ever. Society hasn't conditioned me to take from people and expect men to drop at my feet. I mean, can you even hear yourself right now? You're talking absolute smack. My boyfriend has barely spent a damn penny on me and we couldn't have a more happier, fulfilling relationship.

Expect to be a virgin for a looong time until you learn how to respect and talk to women as individuals. Until you stop grouping us, stereotyping, discriminating, and embarrassing yourself, you'll remain a very lonely man. No woman in her right damn mind would go in a five mile radius of you.

And now, I'm literally logging off TSR forever. Thank you for giving me that push, I really needed it. I cannot go another day and read any more cringey, embarrassing, misogynistic crap. I don't even want to share the same forum as men like you, who believe you have the right to a relationship and/or sex. Boohoo, you're a virgin. Can't find a girlfriend. Can't even get a woman to talk to you. DO YOU NOT WONDER WHY?! You sound like a frickin psycho! Anyway, have fun living on TSR, remaining girlfriendless, and sitting there getting riled up and angry about women when it's only you that you're actually mad at. Feel free, along with anyone else, to hurl some typical TSR virgin misogynistic abuse at me now. Go for it. I won't see it. I'm off to **** my boyfriend's (who respects women) brains out and I'm going to get him to *** all over my face and I'm going to love every second of it. And when that *** is splattering all over my face, I'm going to think of you, and think how sad you'll never get to experience anything like this. Bye. *Drop the mic*.

It seems as though my thread has had a really positive influence on your life and also your boyfriend's life. You're welcome.
Original post by Gott
There is such a thing as a domineering bossy little **** but nobody tends to have any respect for them so there no alpha in that sense

Whats the difference between alpha male and female then, I thought alpha male was domineering and bossy.
It seems as though my thread has had a really positive influence on your life and also your boyfriend's life. You're welcome.

Lol. Well ive not been following the argument but im female and trying to be as objective as possible. Im a tomboy and dont dress up/be feninine wear heels and all that im more practical, into sports and the gym.. Kind of like a guy but im not butch or anything. Ive seen females dressed up/looking down on me because i dont bother ive been told i have crap hair several times (its ok just not stylish). I have a slim toned body because of the gym but its always the girls who sress up and who have a 'princess attitude' that seem to get the guys. For example i know loads of guys at my gym/sports clubs who i would go out with (and have stuff in common with) but they seem to have dressed up girlfriends who just sit and watch them train most evenings whilst applying makeup. Ive said hi to a few but they just smile a bit and never say anything back.

Is this what you mean by princess attitude? If it is then these are the types of girls guys are attracted too and so its not surprising that women ate conditioned to be this way if this is how they get attention.
Original post by Redfrost
Lol. Well ive not been following the argument but im female and trying to be as objective as possible. Im a tomboy and dont dress up/be feninine wear heels and all that im more practical, into sports and the gym.. Kind of like a guy but im not butch or anything. Ive seen females dressed up/looking down on me because i dont bother ive been told i have crap hair several times (its ok just not stylish). I have a slim toned body because of the gym but its always the girls who sress up and who have a 'princess attitude' that seem to get the guys. For example i know loads of guys at my gym/sports clubs who i would go out with (and have stuff in common with) but they seem to have dressed up girlfriends who just sit and watch them train most evenings whilst applying makeup. Ive said hi to a few but they just smile a bit and never say anything back.

Is this what you mean by princess attitude? If it is then these are the types of girls guys are attracted too and so its not surprising that women ate conditioned to be this way if this is how they get attention.

I don't know what a princess attitude is, I have never used that phrase in my life. I don't like girls who go to the gym to watch their boyfriends work out for a few reasons

1. They obviously have no life
2. They obviously have no taste if they are watching him instead of me
3. They are taking up valuable sprawling space that I could be using to store my hoodie, shoes, chalk, bag, energy drink, regular drink, chocolate milk drink, Pringles tube, belt or whatever else us regular guys bring with us to the gym.
Original post by Drunk Punx

Society needs to stop trying to push people into boxes they do not belong to, .

It's a nice idea, but based on my experience, even the very 'nice' women are obsessed by doing this, in fact it's worse when it's patronising. for example-assuming the most cursory meeting means you want something more, then saying I go for 'xyz' even though you are 'xyz'. Categorisation. Finding out your track record, then acting like they have to boost your confidence, might just be that you think it's beneath you to try and brag or say you've had whatever, or you may resent the attempt to categorise, but boy are they determined to do it-it's evolutionary, and it's how their brains are wired.
Original post by scrotgrot
Yes, but her status is socially constructed and she can easily be replaced if other women form an alliance against her. Hence why women are so interested in maintaining their social position through always looking their best, not being seen sleeping with or talking to the wrong people, not being seen to be outwardly nasty.

It is the crabs in the bucket metaphor. A queen bee who gets too above her station will be pulled down. Alpha females therefore have to behave, at least outwardly, in accordance with social norms. However they can to some extent de-/reconstruct these norms themselves and get their clients to behave in a certain way.

Since her status is constructed by social consensus, she is of little or no use to her clients when it comes to external relations with other female patronage networks (unlike alpha males). Therefore the only way she can reaffirm her value to her clients is to support them emotionally and help them out with things.

Essential reading: http://theredpillroom.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-crab-basket-effect.html

This is Red Pill I know but I think it is pretty much true.

Alpha females are not necessarily the hottest females in the room, and their alpha-ness is certainly not derived from how attracted men are to them. Though good looks and good maintenance certainly do help a woman get into an alpha social position.

Looks being equal, men prefer to be with alpha women because it means the couple have control over a large chunk of the social sphere. Through female patronage networks the alpha couple can even exert influence over rival men, since the client women will take on whatever reality is constructed for them by their alpha and in turn they can most easily influence their men. If you look at court intrigues in any period of history, Rome, Tudors, whatever, you'll often see women acting as vehicles of influence in their husbands' or families' interest. Of course alpha females demand a very high price for this level of social control and that is why they are very discerning about the sort of men they will date - only the top alphas.

However this really only applies to ladies of leisure, university students, schoolgirls, mother and toddler groups etc. Because modern adult women are now usually pursuing careers where they have to function according to social hierarchies/patronage networks which are based on (actual or apparent) measurable success, which favours the sort of hierarchies men create. (Feminists wrongly think it's the other way round.) This leaves them no time to create the extensive social networks described by the above model.

You, and the majority of the guys on the first page need to be euthanised.

You're mentally unstable. Rather than read Red Pill, how about actually read something mildly academic, whose ideas have been backed by objective research. Or do you like reading the thoughts of pathetic insecure males with metaphorically tiny penises, because it affirms your own beliefs?

We like listening to people who have attitudes (as sick and pathetic as RP even) like ours, it makes us feel we are right :smile: I love reading posts like yours and others on this thread, it brings on a whole new appreciation for how weak and fragile the human mind is. You people are easy victims, you're just the type of person who can fall prey to manipulation.
Original post by queen-bee
So you like the alpha female types eh :wink:

If the words "alpha" or "beta" actually meant anything these days other than a couple of words completely stripped of their original meaning by a bunch of virgins to make themselves feel more manly, then yeah I suppose I would :tongue:
Original post by Twinpeaks
You, and the majority of the guys on the first page need to be euthanised.

You're mentally unstable. Rather than read Red Pill, how about actually read something mildly academic, whose ideas have been backed by objective research. Or do you like reading the thoughts of pathetic insecure males with metaphorically tiny penises, because it affirms your own beliefs?

We like listening to people who have attitudes (as sick and pathetic as RP even) like ours, it makes us feel we are right :smile: I love reading posts like yours and others on this thread, it brings on a whole new appreciation for how weak and fragile the human mind is. You people are easy victims, you're just the type of person who can fall prey to manipulation.

All right then, you're a woman, what's your thesis on female social hierarchisation? You are quick to say it must be wrong because it's Red Pill, but I've never heard anyone else, lay or academic, even attempt an alternative explanation.

Thanks for the insults by the way (Y)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by scrotgrot
All right then, you're a woman, what's your thesis on female social hierarchisation? You are quick to say it must be wrong because it's Red Pill, but I've never heard anyone else, lay or academic, even attempt an alternative explanation.

Thanks for the insults by the way (Y)

I'm also a psychologist. Female social hierarchisation? Rubbish.

Yeah but you seem vulnerable to falling prey to the likes of RP, it won't make you any happier. Just more bitter and twisted in your views.
Don't academics have more important things to worry about than alpha females? When I was in uni the academics were all studying things like signalling pathways involved in cancer and how oxidative stress relates to CHD. The only alpha things they cared about were the helices that bind to palindromic DNA sequences which is a pretty hilarious biochemistry joke if you think about it. Anyway if I'd known academics had a strong opinion on what I was asking I probably wouldn't have asked on TSR so sorry guys.
Original post by WoodyMKC
If the words "alpha" or "beta" actually meant anything these days other than a couple of words completely stripped of their original meaning by a bunch of virgins to make themselves feel more manly, then yeah I suppose I would :tongue:

What did they mean in the old days?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending