Scroll to see replies

Course: Medical Physiology and Therapeutics with foundation year
Accommodation: not decided yet but probably university park+self-catered
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by EMassey
You cannot apply for accommodation until 2nd March so I'm guessing that people are just putting where they are going to apply to :smile:

I thought that might be the case! Thank you ^^,
Anyone looking to join the football team, and does anyone have any idea how strong the team is/whether it would be difficult to get in?
Original post by harry218
Anyone looking to join the football team, and does anyone have any idea how strong the team is/whether it would be difficult to get in?

The university has four football teams. The 1st team is in the Premier North league (top league for the North) and is currently in 5th :s-smilie: . The 2nd team is in 3B and is currently in 1st. The 3rd team is in 3A (for some reason) and is currently in 4th. The 4th team is in league 4B and is currently top.

This is where you can find all sorts of sports information from the BUCS league: http://www.bucs.org.uk/bucscore/

You can also get involved in IMS which is inter mural sport which is way less competitive. You don't have to practice and show up once a week to play. You can play for a hall, society or subject.
Reply 44
Course: Chemical engineering with foundation year
Accommodation: Broadgate Park/Raleigh Park however catered halls are tempting
[h="1"]
Original post by EMassey
The university has four football teams. The 1st team is in the Premier North league (top league for the North) and is currently in 5th :s-smilie: . The 2nd team is in 3B and is currently in 1st. The 3rd team is in 3A (for some reason) and is currently in 4th. The 4th team is in league 4B and is currently top.

This is where you can find all sorts of sports information from the BUCS league: http://www.bucs.org.uk/bucscore/

You can also get involved in IMS which is inter mural sport which is way less competitive. You don't have to practice and show up once a week to play. You can play for a hall, society or subject.

Thank you! I just made an account :smile: So I take it in league rankings from best league to lowest is; Premier North League > 3A > 3B> 4B
Course: Adult Nursing
Accommodation: Will be applying for self catered
Thank you! I just made an account :smile: So I take it in league rankings from best league to lowest is; Premier North League > 3A > 3B> 4B

No problem!

I'm guessing so but you might want to check on that BUCS website :smile:
Course: Economics

I haven't had the chance to visit the City yet, what's it like?
Course: BEng Mechanical Engineering
Accommodation: Broadgate Park

Just need to get the grades now, going to firm it soon😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Course: Computer Science
Accommodation : Applying for catered on university park campus
Original post by jacob.jeffery
Course: BEng Mechanical Engineering

Just need to get the grades now, going to firm it soon😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

How comes Broadgate?
Course: Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation year (messed up AS) following onto electrical and electronic engineering Meng
Original post by jamesbird18
Course: Economics

I haven't had the chance to visit the City yet, what's it like?

Being from Nottingham myself i can tell you the city is great!! Both for daytime and nightlife too, alot of bars and clubs to choose from. Went to the UCAS open day yesterday and absolutely loved it! its awesome haha got me hyped up for september now!
Original post by buzel
Isn't there the self catered option at the uni park?

The self-catered halls for Uni park are basically across the road from the campus. Literally you cross a set of traffic lights and your in the campus! Gonna be my choice, don't want the time limits of the catered accommodation

I'd love to get back into football quite seriously! been out for a few years but idk im just scared its gonna be like pushing professional level
:afraid:
Reply 56
Age 18
From London
Course Architecture
Accommodation Self catered 1st choice
Original post by dynomit999
I'd love to get back into football quite seriously! been out for a few years but idk im just scared its gonna be like pushing professional level
:afraid:

I have the same issue! Had a back injury a few years ago which caused me to stop playing. There is no harm in us trying out for it, can settle for the 2-4th teams, no point in trying for the first xD
I have the same issue! Had a back injury a few years ago which caused me to stop playing. There is no harm in us trying out for it, can settle for the 2-4th teams, no point in trying for the first xD

Ahh man that sucks! But they do say Uni's a fresh start! haha cringyyy. Yeah ill deffo see what i cant get in but im just scared that ill turn up and literally wont even get a touch of the ball or be a bench warmer 24/7 haha
Original post by dynomit999
Ahh man that sucks! But they do say Uni's a fresh start! haha cringyyy. Yeah ill deffo see what i cant get in but im just scared that ill turn up and literally wont even get a touch of the ball or be a bench warmer 24/7 haha

Im sure youll do fine:smile: Just have to give it your all and try get involved as much as possible, doesn't really matter about touching the ball! If you can divert the runs, e.g. lure the opposing team players away in order to create space for your team mates that will be equally as good as scoring a goal:P

Did you use to play for like a sunday league team or?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending