The Student Room Group

People can't tell when I'm joking

Its a serious problem. Earlier I was talking to a housemate about how I wasm't going to a seminar because I was up late fundraising outside the campus club and said I didn't mind missing it because there was a guy who contributed a lot but made me want to hit him. Obviously I didn't mean it but my housemate said, "did he do anything wrong?" I feel like he thought I genuinely disliked this guy enough I wanted to hit him when actually he just somewhat annoys me (he strikes me as a bit up himself especially when contributes some detailed answer) which I did explain my reason for. Another time he asked me if I was ok with something for the 3rd time in a few days and I said "For **** sake, I don't care" and I actually think I freaked out he and my other housemate but to me, I'd said this loudly but in a sort of half laughing disbelief, not actually angry." I'm starting to get worried this alienates people; I don't mean to do it but in the past my friends have just took it as funny. Now I'm in uni, I feel like people think I'm a genuine weirdo. Help. Anon because one of my housemates is on here.
Reply 1
Ha! I feel you. One of my friends recently fell out with me for being "snidey" (whatever that means), when really I'm just sarcastic. That's the thing with a sense of humour: not everyone has the same one. If they're mates, they'll get used to yours.
this reminded me of sheldon cooper....
they'll get used to it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending