The Student Room Group

Guy troubles..

So abit of back ground, I'm 32 weeks pregnant on my second year of university for which I will be taking a gap year with the support of my family. Clearly not a planned pregnancy and the guy is just a bar owner I slept with extremely casually on 5 occasions, he was at first fine with me deciding I was keeping it and said he would support me and we were in a kind of relationship for a month.

He then randomly one day when I was literally on the way to go on a date with him bailed on me and bailed on everything. Refused to meet me to even discuss everything.

I told him I wanted nothing financially and if he didn't want anything to tell me when I asked him

It has been nearly six months now I messaged him asking if he had change his mind, no response although he did type but then stopped. I now know I'm having a girl and not sure if I should tell him.
I think you should tell him and then let him come to you. If the guy doesn't want to be involved in yours or the little girl's life then it's sad but there's little that you can do. If one day he changes his mind, then you can bet that your little girl is going to be less than pleased with the fact that her father abandoned her before she was even born.

People these days are perfectly capable of raising children on their own, you have help from your parents too which is great. You can take him to court and urge him to pay child support if you wish, but that's another matter.

Quick Reply

Latest