The Student Room Group

Courtauld MA

Scroll to see replies

I have heard nothing on Documentary Reborn. Figuring since I haven't heard anything I'm not in... Gradcafe people keep posting admissions results and they trickle in so slowly!
Reply 21
So, has anyone who applied to the MA in Curating the Art Museum heard anything yet? The email I received when I applied said that final decisions would be sent out before the end of March, which is less than a week away, and I haven't even heard whether or not I've been selected for an interview yet. Should anyone who hasn't heard anything by now assume that they were rejected, or are they just really, really late sending out decisions this year? I'm also wondering if I should contact the admissions team if I still haven't heard anything by April, even though they explicitly stated not to.
Hey there! I didn't apply to curating the art museum, but i applied to the ma in the history of art courses (the contemporary/modern courses). I have a scholarship at the USC Roski school (I'm American) and must let them know by 4/6.... so I contacted NYU, Columbia, Courtauld, Williams to ask about my application status and the Courtauld is the only institution that never replied. Some schools just said application decisions had not been made.

I don't think they will respond if you ask, as they didn't for me, but it can't hurt. The gradcafe forum has a lot of posts by people who have been interviewed or accepted, and I think there is one rejection on there from this year. I know it's not Curating the Art Museum.... but it's history of art and that was the same deadline i think...
Reply 23
Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on Gradcafe as well, and sadly nothing for the Curating MA has been posted yet. Since all of the Courtauld's programs are run by different people, the Art History results unfortunately don't tell me much. Still, it's good to know that applicants to other programs are in the same boat. Thanks anyway, and congrats on your acceptance to USC!
I just got wait listed for the 'Sex and Violence in American Art' module at the Courtauld, on literally the last day of March- I was about to phone them!
Hey MrsNoodles, I am waitlisted for the exact same thing. Hoping a few people drop!
Hopefully! It did say on the website that it was a massively oversubscribed course so they weren't accepting late applications, I guess we'll just have to wait though. I'm thinking I'll have to set a cut off date in July or something because by then I'll have to really think about organising alternative work/placements for next year instead
Reply 27
I was also waitlisted for Sex and Violence (bummed but its not over yet).
What did your email say?
Mine said this: "We cannot guarantee that a place will become available, although it could happen at any time from now until later in the summer. In this instance, we will contact you immediately."
However, I think I'll call them to see if they're willing to disclose where I stand on the list, i.e. next up for a spot or closer to the bottom.
I also put in an emergency application at UCL a few weeks ago so hopefully that will go well.
I got accepted for HoA special options course first option I applied for and just made my deposit though they haven't confirmed if they have received the deposit! Its quite frustrating!

Any new about when the scholarship results come out or do they just not email you if you didn't get it?

I got into RCA for history of design but I am not too sure about that!
Did anyone wait listed for Sex and Violence get in yet or hear anything? There are 8 spots on the class (according to admissions) so 3 people on the wait list for that class (just counting people posting here) is quite a few...
Original post by simsimsimsimsim
Did anyone wait listed for Sex and Violence get in yet or hear anything? There are 8 spots on the class (according to admissions) so 3 people on the wait list for that class (just counting people posting here) is quite a few...

I suppose if people are waitlisted they are waiting to finalize final admissions, for most courses, to secure your position in a course I had to pay part of the tuition fee, so I'm not sure how they haven't finalized this yet, the deadline was 10th of April for me.
Has anyone received the confirmation of deposit payment??
I have heard nothing about it and feel anxious lest I lose the offer...
Original post by Boxheader
Has anyone received the confirmation of deposit payment??
I have heard nothing about it and feel anxious lest I lose the offer...

Hey, so I was super worried as well about the same thing so I called the finance dept. and they said they had received it etc. Didn't get a mail confirmation though, even now. You can just give them a call, its the fastest or write a mail to the pgadmissions dept.
Thanks circusmonkey! Since their internet sever malfunctions sometimes, I had worried that they didn't received my messages. I'll call the dept. later.
Original post by Boxheader
Thanks circusmonkey! Since their internet sever malfunctions sometimes, I had worried that they didn't received my messages. I'll call the dept. later.

What course are you going in for?
Making and Meaning in the Art of the Middle Ages (Prof John Lowden). How about you?
Persian Painting and Transcultural Visuality, Dr. Sussan Babaie. Where did you do your undergrad?
Interesting. I wish the treasures of Islamic art will not be destroyed anymore...
Anyway I did my BA and MA at Tokyo, that is, MA at the Courtauld will be the second one for me.
Reply 38
Did anyone else get a mistake admissions email today? UGHH
Reply 39
Original post by Artsy92
Did anyone else get a mistake admissions email today? UGHH

Yes.. I received it too.
I was wondering if they could give some extra infos regarding one's position to the waiting list. Has anyone contacted them for something similar?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending