The Student Room Group

Bizarre nipple occurence

This isn`t a piss-take thread...

Approximately two weeks ago, i was staying in a hostel in S.America, make that Rio De Janeiro. One morning i woke up, and strangely, i felt a little pain in my right nipple area, that is, when i pressed down on it, there was something different underneath, it was quite hard, felt like some new tissue had developed there. And my right breast protruded more, noticeably also. I tried going for a small jog to see how it`d react, and something wasn`t right. It was very bizarre, as i can`t remember anything happening that could cause this to happen, it got me worried a little, something happening out of nothing that is. Maybe 3 days later, it had subsided a little, and thankfully, it no longer looked like a bitch tit.

It`s ok now, pretty much flat, but i`m simply curious as to how this actually came about...anyone have a similar experience??? cause and effect, and what-not. The funny thing is, i`m sure its not related....i swallowed (accidently) an insect only the day before, the damn thing got trapped in my throat for a period, before it `went down` so-to-speak. Could this insect somehow have got inside and started playing around with things?? Just very bizzare occurence because i couldn`t then, and couldn`t now, think of a trigger for what happened. I was thinking, at the time, of taking a visit to the doctors, but thankfully things have now subsided....or so i hope and that there isn`t a problem...
Reply 1
sounds like gyno to me... how it went i will have no idea. consider yourself lucky
bader
sounds like gyno to me... how it went i will have no idea. consider yourself lucky

gyno is what? :confused:
Reply 3
white_haired_wizard
gyno is what? :confused:

the nickname, of the medical name for men having excessive breast tissue.....
or build up of fat in the breast area - whichever,
its not the sort of thing that comes and goes in 3 days just like you wouldnt wake up with your girlfriend, n then find she no longer had breasts....

It was prob an insect bite/sting that you was unaware of, mite have happened in the night, and it just caused the tissue to swell a little....
Robcampo
the nickname, of the medical name for men having excessive breast tissue.....
or build up of fat in the breast area - whichever,
its not the sort of thing that comes and goes in 3 days just like you wouldnt wake up with your girlfriend, n then find she no longer had breasts....

It was prob an insect bite/sting that you was unaware of, mite have happened in the night, and it just caused the tissue to swell a little....

and there were bed bugs in the hostel room, a potential cause then...
Reply 5
I'd get it checked at the doctors just to be safe as there is a small chance it is breast cancer (men can get breast cancer).

xxxx
Reply 6
Yeah, I agree with Poppy. any sort of weird happenings/changes in that area it's definitely best to get it checked out, whether you're a man or a woman. Best to rule out anything serious, even if the chances are very small.
Reply 7
white_haired_wizard
and there were bed bugs in the hostel room, a potential cause then...

Yea man, deffo!!
you ever bin stung by a bee/wasp?? when it swells u often get a hard lump within the swelling. now if i was a medically type, i would be able to tell you why this happens, sadly tho mate im not... but i jst know it does...lol i should assume it will be the body fighting the 'poison' that has being put into you...

about the breast cancer, well unless the lump is still there.. you are having pains, or something jsut generally doesnt feel right then id say deffo go to the docs, however i myself would rule against this bin the cause, all evidence points at a bite... foreign country + bed bugs = lump and swelling for a few days...

however only you know whats best is there is any worry still, then book to see the docs!
Reply 8
Some info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia

Forum for people who have it or had it:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi

If its gone then it doesnt sound like u had it.

Latest

Trending

Trending