The Student Room Group

Advice for Ivy Leagues and Stanford

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by TheAnnabelle
Heya! My GCSE's were 10A*s and A

My AS levels were 4A (+B at further maths).

My A2 predictions are A*A*A*A!

I got a 1950 on the reasoning, 730 on the Math 2, 760 Spanish, 740 French!

I'm in Year 13 now!

You have very good grades and scores.

Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by rishirabs
You have very good grades and scores.

Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks thats very kind! (just so you know i redid the maths 2, you can probs do that too if you're worried about it)

Stanford ( <3 <3 <3) , Princeton, Yale and Harvard......basically the ones that can give me some aid! I kind of regret not finishing a few of the other apps i started now but hey-ho....the essay writing got me so stressed at the time.....

from what i understand i wouldn't worry about your sat 2 grades....your british grades are more important and you've got stella predictions aswell as a great sat reasoning score etc!!!!

Are you in year 12? Because if you are you have plenty of time to redo these things so don't worry about it!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by rishirabs
Hi,

Yes I am in Year 12 and thanks.
Stanford has an amazing campus. I went there over the summer holidays and I came back thinking "I have got to go there", but it's either Stanford, Harvard or Oxford.
So when will you hear back from them?
And best of luck, although you probably won't need it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have never actually been to the states which is kind of scary but ever since i discovered stanford about 4 -ish years ago i have been DYING to go!!! (and to a US college in general). It's so lucky that you've been it looks like paradise. Best of luck with Oxbridge admissions as well! Oxford is pretty awesome itself!!!!

I will hear from HYP on 31st of March, and Stanford on the 1st of April! Can't decide whether i want to just wait and open both on the 1st though....so much tension!!! i really hope it turns out well but i have tried not to think about it...esp since i have so much a level work atm anywaysss

happy to help if you have any questions.

Best of luck to you too!!!! and trust me imma need it hahahaha :tongue:
Original post by Princepieman
No, no it isn't. So much ignorance.

Please, Google the term "Ivy League"

loool my mistake, didn't mean to make you angry
Original post by vaudevillain
loool my mistake, didn't mean to make you angry

What I found silly was that you made that remark given I had already pointed out Stanford wasn't an Ivy League in that same post. And with currently attending an Ivy League School, I think people would be concerned if I didn't know who the other Ivy Schools were.
Reply 65
Original post by TheAnnabelle
I have never actually been to the states which is kind of scary but ever since i discovered stanford about 4 -ish years ago i have been DYING to go!!! (and to a US college in general). It's so lucky that you've been it looks like paradise. Best of luck with Oxbridge admissions as well! Oxford is pretty awesome itself!!!!

I will hear from HYP on 31st of March, and Stanford on the 1st of April! Can't decide whether i want to just wait and open both on the 1st though....so much tension!!! i really hope it turns out well but i have tried not to think about it...esp since i have so much a level work atm anywaysss

happy to help if you have any questions.

Best of luck to you too!!!! and trust me imma need it hahahaha :tongue:

So have you heard back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure where OP got in, but a few things.

OP's SAT I and SAT II scores are way below the British predicted ones. Top US schools will probably pay more attention to the British scores, but it will still be hard to get in with US scores way below their average. If you are serious about applying to US schools, I would take time to prepare for both SAT I and IIs and become familiar with the format, content, and test taking techniques. British students should be able to crush the SAT IIs with their more specialized preparation.

I would not choose a US school over Oxford, but top US schools are better than anything "red brick", so they make a good backup.

The Ivy League is absolutely a sports league of schools in the northeast. Stanford and Caltech are in California and are way better than lower Ivy League schools like Pennsylvania and Cornell.
Original post by mathplustutornj
British students should be able to crush the SAT IIs with their more specialized preparation

Definitely.

Though there may be some wriggle room for British students on the SAT I, not having prepared for it for several years, as in the US?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending