The Student Room Group

Architectural and interdisciplinary studies applications 2015 UCL

I applied to the architectural and interdisciplinary studies course at UCL. They asked me to send them a portfolio of my work in December but I haven't heard anything since... Anyone got an offer yet, or in the same boat as me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I sent my UCAS in late November and sent my portfolio off December 21st and was in the same boat as you for the last two months but I just received a notification from UCAS ad they've given me an offer!! I'm so happy. You will probably hear from them soon aswell :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 2
I just received my offer! Earlier today i sent the application for my accommodation off. I guess i'll see you in september :smile:
Reply 3
Oh thats great! :smile:Ah i haven't even looked into accommodation even though I'm quite positive this is will be my firm choice. Have you already firmed the course?
Reply 4
Hi! I know this post is from last year but I was wonddering if someone could answer some questions I got about AIS?
I'm really interested in that course but I wanted to have some further info about how to apply. Should I mention which modules I want to follow for the 'interdisciplinary' part of the course in my personal statement? (ie, if I want to do architecture modules and linguistic modules)
Also, have you made choices other than AIS in your UCAS application? Because I considered adding some 'safe' choices, porblem is I don't know how to write my personal statement then :/

Thanks for your help!
hey tina,I'm a first year on the AIS course. Yeah so in the personal statement it's a good idea obviously to talk about architecture primarily but definitely feel free to bring in other interests of yours that tie into architecture. Maybe don't mention specific modules, just because you'll probably be tailoring it to other courses as well (yes, I would apply to some other courses as 'safety nets'). I applied to a couple of architecture courses elsewhere and an ancient history course at UCL. Obviously for me I could write mainly about architecture, but in terms of the ancient history I simply tied in elements of my fascination with history and historicism when it comes to architecture. Overall it was primarily written for architecture, and I'm sure the ancient history department realised that, but if they can see your interest (horrible word i know) then it's fine. Try and find where both your interests overlap. In most cases they'll ask you for some sort of portfolio/essay after this stage to tell how interested you are in, say history, or any other "secondary" course you may choose. Good luck, and see hopefully see you round the Bartlett in future!
Hey everybody, I know that this thread is from last year but sine you probably started AIS and I applied for this year I wanted to ask you several questions:
What were your offers?
How is the course? Are you enjoying it? How is it structured and how many other subjects are you allowed to take? How many AIS students are in UCL?

I applied for 2016 in early November and I am still desperately waiting for an answer.. I am a little worried because I only found 2 other people who applied for this.
(edited 8 years ago)
I applied in early October 2015 and I sent my portfolio late October and I still haven't heard back yet. I haven't found anyone with an offer yet so I think they just haven't sent them out yet :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by LiveTheMoment
Hey everybody, I know that this thread is from last year but sine you probably started AIS and I applied for this year I wanted to ask you several questions:
What were your offers?
How is the course? Are you enjoying it? How is it structured and how many other subjects are you allowed to take? How many AIS students are in UCL?

I applied for 2016 in early November and I am still desperately waiting for an answer.. I am a little worried because I only found 2 other people who applied for this.

hey have u heard a reply yet? i submitted early oct and portfoliofollowed up within a2 weeks. but havent heard back since .

also mind if i take a look of ur portfolio . feeling anxious about mine
I still haven't heard anything... any new for anybody else?
I still haven't either
That is somewhat reassuring but why is it taking so long... Last year people started hearing for AIS in February...
[QUOTE=LiveTheMoment;63476221]That is somewhat reassuring but why is it taking so long... Last year people started hearing for AIS in February...
Yeah it's really frustrating, I'm tempted to contact them if I don't hear back by the end of the month
Original post by Hannahalix
Yeah it's really frustrating, I'm tempted to contact them if I don't hear back by the end of the month

I tried calling them a month ago and nobody answers... I was so shocked...lol
[QUOTE=LiveTheMoment;63477299]I tried calling them a month ago and nobody answers... I was so shocked...lol
No way! I will definitely try then and I might email too
No way! I will definitely try then and I might email too

Pls let me know what they tell you!!
[QUOTE=LiveTheMoment;63487159]Pls let me know what they tell you!!

I got my offer today from them so I don't need to call, I hope you hear soon!!
I got my offer today from them so I don't need to call, I hope you hear soon!!

Omg congratulations!!!! That means I should probably hear soon as well. What is your offer?
[QUOTE=LiveTheMoment;63564757]Omg congratulations!!!! That means I should probably hear soon as well. What is your offer?

Thanks!! Yeah I'm sure you will.
It's AAB
Thanks!! Yeah I'm sure you will.
It's AAB

Is it going to be your firm? Also what interdisciplinary subjects are you planing on studying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending