The Student Room Group

New Zealand Elective Placement - Anaesthetics

Hey,

I wonder if anyone has done an elective placement in New Zealand, and in particular an anaesthetics placement.

I'm currently in my first year at Glasgow Caledonian University studying Operating Department Practice, and I'm looking into doing an elective placement in New Zealand over Christmas and New Year in 2016. As ODPs work as anaesthetic techs/assistants in NZ and Australia, I'm hoping to find a hospital that will take me.

I originally wanted to go to Australia, but after talking with several people in various hospitals there it became apparent that it would be very difficult to arrange, and that NZ might be a better option.

If anyone has done an elective placement in NZ, or anywhere for that matter, it'd be good to know how long it took to arrange, how much it cost to set up insurance, and if you have any tips or advice

Thank you
Ashley
Reply 1
Original post by ashmick
Hey,

I wonder if anyone has done an elective placement in New Zealand, and in particular an anaesthetics placement.

I'm currently in my first year at Glasgow Caledonian University studying Operating Department Practice, and I'm looking into doing an elective placement in New Zealand over Christmas and New Year in 2016. As ODPs work as anaesthetic techs/assistants in NZ and Australia, I'm hoping to find a hospital that will take me.

I originally wanted to go to Australia, but after talking with several people in various hospitals there it became apparent that it would be very difficult to arrange, and that NZ might be a better option.

If anyone has done an elective placement in NZ, or anywhere for that matter, it'd be good to know how long it took to arrange, how much it cost to set up insurance, and if you have any tips or advice

Thank you
Ashley

Hi,

Did you manage to sort a placement?

Quick Reply

Latest